Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... Kentuckians?

I'm from Michigan, and this weekend I was on a trip to Chattanooga.

I mapped out the trip on my computer, and forgetting I had mad route preference changes, it plotted a course along secondary roads and highways as the quickest route, as opposed to the usual "nothing but interstate" norm.

I'm glad of the oversight. As a result we (me and a friend) found ourselves, (among other nice roads) on highway 127, which took us around Lake Cumberland.

Let me just say, I can't imagine Deals Gap being much better (which I hope to ride at some point this year). The condition of the roads, (we have lots of potholes in Michigan), the incredible views, what a beautiful state.

Now the bad part, unfortunately, we were in a cage. Needless to say we were complaining about that fact the whole time in your fair state. Rest assured we will be back on our bikes, (I have a cbr 600 and he an R1). We'll be sure to bring a couple buddies with us. Once we show them some of the pictures we took, they'll be drooling as we were.

What I can't figure out, on so many nice roads, we didn't see hardly any bikes. You can be sure we will be maing plans to add to the bike count on your roads soon.

Enjoy your beautiful state and awesome roads, and good riding.

Bill

·
Registered
486 Posts
lake cumberland is beautiful, I have family there and I love riding that area, I've noticed that theres not a lot of bikes out on these back roads too, but some days you'll not even see a car just bikes its like everyone decides on the same day to go ride lol, but for me I haven't even been in a cage in over two weeks, riding my bike to work and back everyday, its about a 15 minute ride to work but coming home I take the back roads and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get home :) PM me when you come through next time and I'll meet up with you all and show you some really nice roads.
Glad you enjoyed our beautiful state.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I wish I would of known that you were coming through our state, I would of showed you the roads around here... :drool!! You passed right by here on I-65 I'm guessing. I'm out on my bike as much as I can. Why waste good roads?! :lol I should be having another get together here real soon if you and your friend would like to attend. I'm in the South Central part of the state.

Oh and I will agree with you when you talk about Chattanooga, Tn. I recently went through there on my way down to Florida (on the bike) and I had a BLAST on I-24 into I-75.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks like I'll be back in your neck of the woods the week of June 20.

Me and a friend (with the R1) work together and will be in Asheville,NC for the week for work related training.

Hope to hit some of the roads in NC during the week. Our training in NC ends on that friday at 5:00 PM, and we'll probably not want to drive straight back to Michigan.

Thinking of finding someplace to camp in KY friday night, spend saturday morning checking out some roads on the bikes, then heading home in the afternoon.

We have a friend that races that has a panel van he said he'd let us take so we can haul the bikes down. Nothing is set in stone yet except the training in Asheville.

Looking forward to seeing your state again.

Bill

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
If you do get out this way, please let me know. I love to show ppl around. Less then a mile from my house is just the beginning of the twisties that await you. Hwy 100 will make you "nut" just by looking at it...

ok, so that was unlady like, but if I were a guy, I would of when I viewed it for the first time...:D

·
Registered
486 Posts
try to stay in eastern kentucky the mountians and twisties are great, thats where I grew up(live in central ky now) I go back as much as possible, let us know what area in kentucky you plan to be around, I'm looking for a reason to go out and ride the eastern area again hehe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts