Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From CNN. This just goes to show you that you have to be careful out there. Can you believe it?

BROCKTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- A man lifting his infant daughter out of his car was killed in an apparent case of road rage by a motorist "who obviously exploded" and shot him four times at close range in front of dozens of witnesses, authorities said.

The victim's 10-month-old girl was covered with blood but uninjured when police found her in a car seat on the floor of the vehicle.

Walter R. Bishop, 60, who was taking medication for depression, was arrested Tuesday and charged with first-degree murder in the death of 27-year-old Sandro Andrade. He pleaded innocent and was ordered held without bail; a hearing was scheduled for August 26.

Plymouth District Attorney Timothy J. Cruz said Bishop had made a calculated decision to "shoot a man in cold blood in broad daylight on the streets of Brockton."

Police Chief Paul Studenski described it as a case of road rage.

Bishop's attorney, Kevin Reddington, said Andrade had provoked his client during a traffic altercation.

"We have a homicide that resulted from a circumstance where somebody picked a fight with an individual who obviously exploded," Reddington said. Bishop, a former soldier and security guard, had recently begun taking two medications for depression, he said.

Bishop told investigators he was driving his wife to the train station when Andrade's vehicle backed toward him on Main Street, Cruz said. The two exchanged heated words.

"He said his wife was scared, and he said he was angry at that encounter," Cruz said of Bishop. "He said he made up his mind right there that he had to do something."

After dropping his wife off, he allegedly returned to the scene of the confrontation, pointed a handgun through an open window and fired, police said.

"Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! Four shots. It sounded like a cap gun," Louis McPhee, the manager of a car wash across the street, told The Boston Globe. "The guy was lying there in his own blood with a hole in his head and his arm still on the baby."

Bishop left before police arrived, but witnesses gave investigators his license plate number and police found him at his home.

Police said Bishop has a valid handgun license.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
damn.... and he pleaded innocent. How the FUCK can you innocent when there were at least 12 people watching you shoot someone in broad daylight? He needs life. Either way he's 60, so even manslaughter will get him good.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
make him live out the rest of his life in solitary confinement....

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
ninjarider said:
that's just fuggin crazy, and to plead innocent takes the the fuggin cake!!
guess you haven't heard - everyone in prison is innocent... :eek:nfloor

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
That is beyond belief.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
What's fucked up is he'll probably get away with it due to mental defect or something like that.

Everytime someone gets away with this crap for "insanity", all I can think is "No shit they're crazy....you have to be to do....". Why does that mean they can get away scot free with it?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
TRaGiK said:
What's fucked up is he'll probably get away with it due to mental defect or something like that.

Everytime someone gets away with this crap for "insanity", all I can think is "No shit they're crazy....you have to be to do....". Why does that mean they can get away scot free with it?
I was going to say the same thing. He will get out due to a chemical imbalance wich caused temporary insanity.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
WOW MAN thats fucked up. Anyone who kills a person in front of a bunch of people should be put to death. Try him in TX

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
Superstuddc27 said:
damn.... and he pleaded innocent. How the FUCK can you innocent when there were at least 12 people watching you shoot someone in broad daylight? He needs life. Either way he's 60, so even manslaughter will get him good.
And he went home dropped off his wife and came back with the intent to shoot this guy... ya innocent my a$$ :upyours shooter!

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
i think if the judge and jury believe his temporary insanity arguement, and he doesnt get death, he should at least get life in a mental institution with no chance of ever getting out.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
They always plead innocent, nothing to do with if they really think that. They will probably try first degree and his lawyer will probably want some crap like invol. manslaughter.

And yes, in the end he will probably get less than he deserves.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
jluu6r said:
i think if the judge and jury believe his temporary insanity arguement, and he doesnt get death, he should at least get life in a mental institution with no chance of ever getting out.
Yes, definately. Behavior like that is simply pathetic. I've been lucky to not have dealt with anything nearly of that calibre, but I am well aware that people with issues are EVERYWHERE. It's a dangerous world.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Superstuddc27 said:
Because criminals seldom act rationally. I was a Crim. Sci major for two semesters and they cover victomology and the make-up of criminal activity of various types of crimes. Violent criminals don't act rationally so therefore the number of witnesses, or the fact it was daylight isn't relevant in their decision-making process.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Check this one out... When it rains it pours, no?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/08/04/man_held_without_bail_in_traffic_dispute_shooting/

-------------------------------------------

Man held without bail in traffic dispute shooting

August 4, 2005

LYNN, Mass. (AP) -- A Malden man was ordered held without bail in the suspected road rage shooting of a mother and son.

William Green pleaded innocent at his arraignment today on charges including armed assault with intent to murder. He was ordered back to Lynn District Court for a dangerousness hearing next Thursday.

Police said Green shot 17-year-old Greg Umphrey and his mother, 52-year-old Linda Umphrey, after some kind of an altercation on the Lynnway.

Police say the 55-year-old Green approached the Umphrey's car after it stopped and fired shots into the passenger side.

The suspect was captured a short time later on Route One in Peabody.

-------------------------------------------

RIP.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Man accused of firing on teens who threw an egg at his truck.

Here is a case that just happened in Indy.

Murder charges have been filed against the man accused of firing on teens who threw an egg at his truck.

Donald Ware, 37, faces not only murder charges but also battery charges for the shooting. He's accused of killing 15-year-old Brandon Dunson and wounding Dunson's friend. The two were part of a group throwing eggs at passing cars.

Prosecutor Carl Brizzi says Ware's retaliation is inexcusable. “One of the things that I want to be very mindful of is that we don't blame the victims for what happened here. We still need to remember that this is a matter of proportionality, and what Mr. Ware did was completely out of proportion, completely unreasonable to what happened to him,” said Brizzi.

"To actually know that they're confident enough to file these charges, it's very relieving," said Ellonia Bickers, Dunson's mother.

If convicted on all counts, ware faces a maximum of 81 years in prison. Brizzi says evidence against the teens who threw the eggs will be turned over to the juvenile division. They could face misdemeanor charges of criminal mischief.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts