Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking into this more and more as i think about taking the 1000rr to the track. Anyone have any experience with it? Does it work well? Recomendations, problems, who likes gram crackers?

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Have been looking into this more and more as i think about taking the 1000rr to the track. Anyone have any experience with it? Does it work well? Recomendations, problems, who likes gram crackers?
go without it and learn to ride without it

·
Cage intolerant
446 Posts
I have it on my 07 ZX6R. Very handy. Especially when you're as old as I am with the attendant reflex speed. It's easy to scale the intrusiveness on the fly. Darned good to have when the track surface is cold and so are your tires.

I'm pretty sure it will pay for itself in rear tire wear pretty quickly. The lack of wear wear at the edges (with the same lap times) is downright remarkable.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Do Not Get It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Repeat, Do Not Get It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay Away From It Like The Plague!

go without it and learn to ride without it
+1 The best traction control, is your hand. Unless you have the pockets of WSB/MotoGP teams, it's worthless. Really, there is no need for it.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
I have to agree with R1000S. It may be a nice feature to have, but in all reality, I would like to have one, but I will do myself worlds better to learn to ride better.

However, just like anything else, if you have the $$ and nothing else to spend it on, then go for it. It's not coming out of my pocket. I would rather spend the dough on an additional track day. Just my 0.02

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I personally never understood the popularity of smores. Sure its a nice excuse to huddle around a fire, but lets be real, they are better kept separate from chocolate and graham crackers.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
I personally never understood the popularity of smores. Sure its a nice excuse to huddle around a fire, but lets be real, they are better kept separate from chocolate and graham crackers.
+1000

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
piitb

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
^^^^ :eek:

·
Registered
174 Posts
We ran it on both bikes this year. 09 GSXR600 and 09 R6. I love the thing. Definitely spring for the Z-AFM Air Fuel Mapping Kit Option as this make tuning the bike for a specif track/fuel/weather condition very easy. Once you understand how to manipulate the system its easy to use the auto map to get very close to the optimal setting for the day and fine tune from there to add or mute throttle response. We often run different fuels in the Saturday practice and solo20 races (pump) than we do in the Sunday sprints (VP MR9) and the bazzazz allows us to easily adjust the mapping to suit in 1 or at most 2 Sunday practice sessions.

The quick shifter works well once dialed in and is also a must for a serious track bike.

On our bikes we generally run the traction control at the minimum setting, and to be honest its really not necessary on a 600.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts