·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would you say is better and why?

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
PCIII. Support wise, and in my (somewhat limited) experience with it, I much prefer the options tuning wise with PC. It's better to go with it and spend a few bucks more than go with something that isn't as familiar at all shops.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's been my line of thinking though I've heard from those that have researched it that Bazzaz is better in tuning aspects. Problem is i haven't talked to many people who have one installed.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What tuning aspects are you talking about? I don't have any experience with the Bazazz, but Have TONS of experience in the PC. I'm just curious as to what parameters are offered by the Bazazz that are'nt offered with the PC.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
the PCIII doesn't offer lower injector tuning. It only tunes the upper injectors.

PCIII is more of a plug and play and go riding with the 1 gazillion maps. Bazzaz let's you tune every part of your EFI. I can tune on/off throttle response (in milliseconds) for each gear change. It really does ALOT.

Bazzaz you can also order different modules. Auto mapper, traction control, and quick shifter.

If you have any questions, just ask, I'll try and answer them.

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
the PCIII doesn't offer lower injector tuning. It only tunes the upper injectors.

PCIII is more of a plug and play and go riding with the 1 gazillion maps. Bazzaz let's you tune every part of your EFI. I can tune on/off throttle response (in milliseconds) for each gear change. It really does ALOT.

Bazzaz you can also order different modules. Auto mapper, traction control, and quick shifter.

That's really helpful to even me. I had a friend poopoo Bazazz, and I just took it as law (he's got a lot of experience and has been racing for years), but this would make me look closer at getting a Bazazz.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

so it's kinda like a "HALTECH" system? Hmm. Most places that have dyno's could'nt do anything more than tune the upper injectors anyway, let alone get into throttle response. lol
Well, it's nice to know there's a product out there that can give you the absolute tuneability that you need for an ultra high tech machine.
I bet the Bazazz is the ticket for turbocharged/supercharged bikes. (I have both)
Thanks for answering my question.
Does the Bazazz have software that you can download and use on your PC, or do you need to run special software integrated with dynomometer software?

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
You can download the software at Bazzaz's website (for free), but it also comes with the ECU unit. I think it's about 12MB. This is why I love it so much. You can hook the Bazzaz up with a USB cable and run it on your laptop!

Bazzaz.net - Welcome to the Frontpage

They have an option in the software to "work offline" so you can play around with it. But since it's not on the bike running, some of it may be grayed out. I spent like 6 hours non stop just playing with it.

Another option (to learn how to use it) is look up a video for it. They have a tutorial where the engineer tuned a Hayabusa.

Download this video
SportbikeWrench.com - Electronics

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn...now I'm thinking more seriously at the Bazzaz. I've tinkered around with the PCIII when I had my 954; you're right the PCIII only hooks up to one set of injectors. I'd think the ability to tune both sets would create a more balanced machine. Though the question is where can you find experienced people to tune it?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You "can" get it tuned by a dyno...OR...do what I am doing.

buy the Bazzaz ZF-M (it automaps)
It won't auto tune properly on a supercharged bike, that's a fact. Supercharged machines are an entity to themselves. So, the auto tune feature would be useless for some applications.
As far as finding someone who is knowledgeable enough to tune all parameters... I'd love to find someone too. The're are'nt many places with the expertise to do this and it's DEFINITELY NOT CHEAP!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats cool since mine isn't and won't be supercharged....have you already gotten the ZF-M or it's still in the works? My exhaust should be in tomorrow and the next purchase will be either the bazazz or the PC3. Was wondering how the auto mapper is holding up if anyone has it in use right now.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
It won't auto tune properly on a supercharged bike, that's a fact. Supercharged machines are an entity to themselves. So, the auto tune feature would be useless for some applications.
As far as finding someone who is knowledgeable enough to tune all parameters... I'd love to find someone too. The're are'nt many places with the expertise to do this and it's DEFINITELY NOT CHEAP!
No one said extreme modding was cheap :p

Might wanna have a look at MoTec for supercharged tuning

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looked at some of the Bazzaz info more and caught some off another forum. Thinking of going Bazzaz. For my year of bike it seems to offer the most bang for the buck. But the traction control version isn't an add on per say...it's a fuel management and traction control in one. So it's a buy one or the other ZFi or ZFi-TC. Kinda sucks cause thats a steep price for the decision.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
TC is expensive because it's ALL units into one. TC, QS, Automap, and ECU. It's the only way you can buy the TC too...I know, it sucks.

IMO, the QS and TC is a waste of money for the street. I'd only buy it for the track. Just the ECU + ZF-M is the way for the street.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah it does...I'm probly gonna go with the Bazzaz. Seems like a more complete tuning item.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know I'm a bit late on this one but just to clarify, the PCIII connects to the lowers only but PCV has the option to tune all 8 injectors when using the SFM. We also have the ability to tune each set of injectors which is key when doing this. Other units can NOT do this. As far as a fuel controller goes our unit will do everything theirs will plus much more.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know I'm a bit late on this one but just to clarify, the PCIII connects to the lowers only but PCV has the option to tune all 8 injectors when using the SFM. We also have the ability to tune each set of injectors which is key when doing this. Other units can NOT do this. As far as a fuel controller goes our unit will do everything theirs will plus much more.
Went with the ZiFi and you're correct on the PCV save it wasn't available for my year bike. I've noticed the ZiFi lacks the ability to compare maps as my PC3 did.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts