Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda CBR600RR....only 2500 miles...2 weeks ago, rode to the beach....spent about 4 hours just cruisin around the city...lots of traffic & it was pretty hot out....she usually runs about 220-225 in traffic...at the 4 hour point, stopped to gas up, & she wouldn't start....sounded like she wanted to, but, no go....luckily I was w/ people who knew how to do a push start in 2nd gear & pop the clutch...ran fine once she was going....this happened several more times where she wouldn't start even after sitting for an hour or so...took her to the "dealer" & they kept her for 4 days & said the battery was fine & continued to hold a charge...of course...anyway, they told me that the newer model sportbikes need to reach a certain rpm before the engine will kick in to recharge the battery...I don't know much about the mechanics of a bike, but this just sounds like malarky to me....she has been running fine since that incident.....any comments/suggestions/advice ???

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,269 Posts
there's also an auto shut off for overheating on most bikes , when i used to cruise, it happened a few times, got hot, had to sit a wait a bit to cool off or bump start as you did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.