Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda CBR600RR....only 2500 miles...2 weeks ago, rode to the beach....spent about 4 hours just cruisin around the city...lots of traffic & it was pretty hot out....she usually runs about 220-225 in traffic...at the 4 hour point, stopped to gas up, & she wouldn't start....sounded like she wanted to, but, no go....luckily I was w/ people who knew how to do a push start in 2nd gear & pop the clutch...ran fine once she was going....this happened several more times where she wouldn't start even after sitting for an hour or so...took her to the "dealer" & they kept her for 4 days & said the battery was fine & continued to hold a charge...of course...anyway, they told me that the newer model sportbikes need to reach a certain rpm before the engine will kick in to recharge the battery...I don't know much about the mechanics of a bike, but this just sounds like malarky to me....she has been running fine since that incident.....any comments/suggestions/advice ???

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
unless you ride around at slightly above idle rpms forget what the dealer said get yourself an ampmeter and start checking the battery yourself instead of trusting the dealer

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
there's also an auto shut off for overheating on most bikes , when i used to cruise, it happened a few times, got hot, had to sit a wait a bit to cool off or bump start as you did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts