Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I haven't exactly been affectionate towards my bike lately. Basically, I've been too busy to use it... When I bought my bike (new) the kind people at the Honda garage thought it was a good idea to (-without my knowledge-) trade my factory battery for one half the size. Well it wasn't long before I figured that out.... :mad: But after replacing the battery a year ago, I've neglected my bike 100%, yeah yeah yeah, I'm an evil person. Anyway, I just want to know if my only option now is buying yet another battery. Suggestions for a bike that hasn't been started for a year other than that? Thanks.

!!This is ironic considering the only reason I want the thing to start is to drive it into town so I can trade it in for a different one!!

L8az

·
Registered
62 Posts
if all you're gonna do is start it to trade it in, see if you can charge it and get it started. Might not hold the charge for anything but might be enough to get it there for trade in. Also check to see if you can add water to it, might be low. Otherwise, see if you can find a used battery somewhere, or buy a new one.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You want to trade in your bike and get a new one when you've been too busy to ride your current one in the past year? :rolleyes:

Anyway, do what the other guys say... don't both dropping $50 USD on a brand new battery. Just make sure it has enough water in it, throw it on a charger, then see if it'll start the bike. If not, look around for some used ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts