Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from seeing 'Batman Begins'

That is one DAMN good flick. I enjoy comic book adaptations as long as they are done fairly well. This one blew the other Batman movies out of the water.

The first Batman movie (with Michael Keaton) was the previous leader - I enjoyed how dark that movie was. This one goes +100 in that respect but also developed the character better.

Money well spent. :popcorn

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
U ain't bullshitting! That movie was perfectly done IMO.

Let's hope they can keep the integrity of it when the sequels are done.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I hear that C.Bale has signed on for the second installment but none of the other actors from this one have yet to join him. Still this movie was worth the price of admission. After the movie the die-hards were clapping. I didnt hear that at the end of Star Wars ROTS...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
i heard it rocked too!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife did start laughing out loud when Batman had the dirty cop upside down and was yelling at him (and no, that isn't a spoiler - no plot given here).

I have to admit it was funny but I thought she was going to have to leave.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Okay, and did you guys like Spiderman too? Both of them? Cause I hated it to no end and if it's as 'dark' and hardcore as those, then I'd pass. What's it rated anyways? I wanna see a Braveheart-ish Batman movie. Real hardcore rated R shit.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did enjoy both of the Spiderman movies but this is a LOT different. Those weren't dark and serious. They managed to stay fairly true to the comic without getting too cheesy.

I wouldn't worry much about this movie reminding you of the Spiderman flicks at all.

Batman Begins is rated PG-13. There is plenty of a$$ kicking but they don't show anyone being run throw with a The Bat-Sword. There are also no Bat-Pipes.
If it was the face paint you liked, you may be in luck.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I like the hardcore blood and guts graphic movies. Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator, etc... Wish they'd do that to a comic book remake.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Going to see it this weekend. I hope to see the next spiderman done with carnage :phatyo

·
Registered
495 Posts
I thought it was a damn good and dark movie. I would have enjoyed a little more graphic voilence, but I was happy, and surprised at how well this movie turned out. Oh and my only knowledge of batman came from the antimated series of the early 90's!! That cartoon rocked!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts