Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How bout them White Sox? Spreading asswhoopings all around :beer . I gotta say this has been my favorite year to watch the Sox. Been a fan all my life, but they've never done shit. Always coming up just shy in the Central. Hell I'm still afraid to get too excited about this year. But I think its the one. If the Red Sox can do it, so can my White Sox. The entire Central division really deserves some respect. Probably the toughest division in baseball IMO. Bet none of the "experts" could've called that :) . 4 out of 5 of the best combined ERA's in baseball are all found in the AL Central! Don't know how big baseball or the Sox are on this board , but I just wanted post up.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Yup. I think they're going to square off against New York or Baltimore for the ALDS. Red Sox and Los Angles in their respective ALDS.

They've got a great team put together. They always scare me. I remember a few years ago with Valentin, Thomas, Lee. Yikes. Dangerous lineup, and good starting rotation too. Chicago will go pretty far the in the season and maybe the playoffs too.

They haven't one it for a while. I hope the Cubs can capture the same magic, but St. Louis has an incredible edge on them in the standings.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what shocks me is that they can get rid of lee, ordonez, valentine, even olivo and be the best they ever have been. Its been all pitching this year though, with a potent offense to back that pitching up. AND here it comes...... I would love to see the Sox and the Cubs In the World Series. Im no Cub fan, seeing as how they get 10X the attention and respect the Sox get, even when the Sox are way better, Guess it didn't help they took 2/3 at home against us. No maybes about it, they're going to the playoffs.PERIOD. Only teams that scare me are the west coast ones that we havent been able to beat ever.. until this year!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Travis71902 said:
Only teams that scare me are the west coast ones that we havent been able to beat ever.. until this year!
Yeah, I think they have ten games up on Minnisota and Cleveland. Barring a serious setback or injury, they should make it. They'll probably have to face off against the wild card with a record like that. The wild card is either Boston, Baltimore, New York or Los Angeles. I'm thinking it's Baltimore at this point.

ChiSox won't touch the west coast in the playoffs.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mikem317 said:
ChiSox won't touch the west coast in the playoffs.
I don't know bout that. Well see after they hand Oakland their asses in Oakland. Minnesota will definately take they wild card, as long as they can get out of their rut, but thats bad news for the Sox, so go Baltimore. Can't wait to see how this season turns out. And What about those Nationals :3eek Ur guys arent doing to shabby either, but the real threat is in LA.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
LA Dodgers or Angles? Wild card is probably Baltimore, New York or Texas IMO. We'll see how it pans out.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boston=AL East (will be close with Baltimore, should be a good race at the end, unless they keep losing games like they have been)
Chicago=AL Central
Los Angeles=AL West
Minnesota or Boston/Baltimore=Wildcard

New York has no chance in hell and IMO Texas really ain't that tough, despite their record.

Ill have to do some thinking, then i'll post up my predictions on the NL.
:) Watch out for Atlanta :)

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Unfortuantely I am a die hard Houston Astros fan of 27 years. The only thing worse is a serious case of road rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Hey Travis- who thought Boston had a chance last year down 3-0?? Just a thought.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bitchslap BY the way this one is for Contreas :bitchslap

What a joke that was last nite. Should be different tonite with Garland on the mound, though. Looks like both Sox teams got their asses flattened last nite.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan'sR1 said:
Hey Travis- who thought Boston had a chance last year down 3-0?? Just a thought.
I did. Man Ive been watching baseball forever and I just knew that it wasn't over when st.Louis went up 3-0. But it was pretty spectacular what they accomplished, knocking off those pesky Yankees and then coming back from down 3. What are you trying to say anyways?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Nothing except that in sports nowadays, you can never count anyone out. I would like to see your Sox make some noise. I'm sick of the Yankees and all the other high payroll teams. I love the underdogs.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan'sR1 said:
Unfortuantely I am a die hard Houston Astros fan of 27 years. The only thing worse is a serious case of road rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I know, At least Your not A Bears fan(NFL) :lao . Houston really isn't all that bad. If they could just take a few more road series', they be right on St. Louis' and the Cubs asses. But oh well, ya always got next year.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dan'sR1 said:
Nothing except that in sports nowadays, you can never count anyone out. I would like to see your Sox make some noise. I'm sick of the Yankees and all the other high payroll teams. I love the underdogs.
Yeah, thats no lie. Hell, look at Toronto. I cant beleive what they've done so far this year. That's a tough division in the AL East

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Dan'sR1 said:
I love the Astros. Killer Bees for life man. Too bad they're all getting to old. And Houston is pretty much out of the running this year. Clemens will be out of there soon either through retirement or trade. I'm sure Pettite is going to want to go to a contender.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Travis71902 said:
Yeah, thats no lie. Hell, look at Toronto. I cant beleive what they've done so far this year. That's a tough division in the AL East
That division is staring to look a lot like NL Central and the former AL West (when it was good).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts