Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had problems with the throttle side bar end coming loose and falling off. My stock one came off about a month ago, thought it must have just been loose and eventually came out. So replaced them both with RG Racing ones that cost me a bundle ($65) about 3 weeks ago. Made sure they were nice and tight. Yesterday, on my way home, felt something touch my foot. Assumed it was something from the road(was on the motorway too), however, when i got home, noticed the same side bar end had come loose and fallen off again? REALLY Irritating me! has anybody else had this problem. Probably going to soak the thread in locktight next time.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
sorry, can't say I've had that problem.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I never had any problems like that. Did you find the bar end? I would assume not from your post. Did you try to use some loc-tite? or maybe a zip tie?

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is a little off subject but how do you like the RG bar ends (other than falling off)? Have any picts? On subject... I've haven't had any problems as long as I torque to 19ft-lbs.

·
Registered
341 Posts
No problems here, even when i took them off to put on my aftermarket bars. Get some teflon tape or something. Looks like that is what the dealer used for mine.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
mwellbel said:
Has anybody else had problems with the throttle side bar end coming loose and falling off. My stock one came off about a month ago, thought it must have just been loose and eventually came out. So replaced them both with RG Racing ones that cost me a bundle ($65) about 3 weeks ago. Made sure they were nice and tight. Yesterday, on my way home, felt something touch my foot. Assumed it was something from the road(was on the motorway too), however, when i got home, noticed the same side bar end had come loose and fallen off again? REALLY Irritating me! has anybody else had this problem. Probably going to soak the thread in locktight next time.
I've had mine off a couple times but they've never fallen off. I use the medium strength LocTite on them and they stay put.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check that the actual end of the handle-bar is not cracked.

RamCutter said:
This is a little off subject but how do you like the RG bar ends (other than falling off)? Have any picts?
Any pics? :lao Oh Ramcutter, that's cruel, the bar ends wont stay in one place long enough for pics!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will take some pics in the morning..well of the one i have left.. ;) strangely enough had to swerve to miss something in the road this morning. Turned out to be a bar end, but not my one. Although think it may have been my orginal one. Looked like a FZ6 one which are huge.

Going to change my bars out to Renthal High Bars which use there own type of bar ends. Hopefully will have more luck with those. Going for a blue bar and blue ends so should be an interesting look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts