Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay ive been a bar back about a month and i have a question about the legality of something the club i work for does. We're supposed to declare what we made in tips each night. My manager tells me i have to put at least within $10 of what i made. When we get paid each week our tips get deducted from our wage. Is this legal???? I can understand if they added the tips to our wage then deducted the taxes from them, but to flat out take my tips from what i made.

heres something I pulled from the web. http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/149-152a.htm

·
Registered
456 Posts
You're gettin screwed.. Tell him to ad what you make in tips each week and you won't turn his sorry ass in to the Labor dept....... that really sucks......the nerve of some folks.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
don't bother making threats, keep your most recent documentation and send it to the labor department. you make threats you lose your job reguardless of the legality. A couple people at the Sears store I worked in threatened to call the fire marshall about blocking emergency exits and gee what do you know they aren't working there anymore.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you getting paid more than minimum wage?
When the tips are taken out does it put you below minimum wage? IF you are, then I think you are seriously getting screwed!

It sounds like the less tips you make the more you earn that week?!?!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this week i worked 22 hours, and my boss decided to deduct as much as he wanted to which was like $100, so i only made $110. is illegal for me to be making less than $6.75/hr, and i think that came out to $5/hr. so yes this week i made less than the minumum wage, fu#king management douchebags.........

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
or you could, depending on how important the job is to you, just not report as much tips as you're making.

how's anyone going to know anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts