Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just browsing through the Classifieds like I usually do on a daily basis, when I decide to check the Honda section. Which I usually skip over...*ahem* When I ran across a 2001 RC51 with 4,110 miles and they claim runs perfect. Asking price is $5495. I just may check that sucker out. If the bike turned out to be in good shape, I just may pick it up at that price. But with a "bank repo", any kind of problems with titling you think?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Even if it doesn't have a title, screw it, that would be a nice ass race bike for that price!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Bank repos's don't affect the title at all. Should be clean as a whistle

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
ya a bank repo means the other dude didn't pay his bills, so the bank took the bike. they aren't looking to make any money, so it is usually a good buy.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty, I'll make a call about it now.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No answer. Left a message. Hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow and say I can buy it. Weeee! :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man, you are not the first person to see that add I'm sure. Just hope you are the first, 'cus that's a hell of a deal. I would have a cashier's check in hand if it's not sold by the time you can go check it out.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Good luck on the bike. If you run across any more like that, let me know. I'm looking for a 00 RC51 that someone hasn't done to much to. I want it in as origianl condition as possible.

Sweet find, lucky bastard! :twofinger

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Uhh...yeah...bike was sold just like I thought it would be. :mad:

However, the guy (actually runs a dealership in Jonesboro, Arkansas) said he has another used bike. So I ask him what it was and it's a '99 ZX-9R with tons of stuff done to it. Mostly cosmetic though, although he said one of the guys that worked on the bike and road it said he's run down a stock '03 GSX-R 1000. That's plenty fast enough for me. But basically everything on the bike is polished, chrome wheels (I'll prolly sell those), Pearl Blue (or some kind of custom blue, I forgot), only 8,000 miles, new tires, new wheel bearings, new clutch, full Muzzy exhaust, carbon fiber fender eliminater kit, flushed turn signals front and back, the list goes on. All for $4900 and a clean title.

So I'll be making a trip up there with my dad in about 8 hours and hopefully I won't be dissapointed. I just never thought I'd ride a cow though... :twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
After riding your GSX-R1000 the Kawi is gonna be nothing but a let down (I'm not saying they are bad bikes, just not as performance oriented as the 1000). If you like the bike get it, but don't expect the performance (straight line or curves) to be on par with your GSX-R1000.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just need something to ride. It's been killing me. And besides, I'll be getting my friend's R1 soon as well. I'll probably sell the cow after I get the R1. Maybe even make a profit knowing how us ****** love polishing and chrome. :D

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Twinsen said:
Maybe even make a profit knowing how us ****** love polishing and chrome. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was a great response right there, trust me, it's not only ******, I see plenty of white people with chromed out bikes :angry

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
um yeah, there is this guy around here that has everything, i mean everything polished and chromed on his bike. he has a gsxr1k that I swear to god is completely polished and chromed. He has it as a show bike, it looks very very nice, but man, I'd be afraid to ride it.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
These are the same guys who now give me shit because my bike looks "plain" yeah, must be that my carbon fiber bits aren't shiny enough for them :lol

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
firefighter81 said:
These are the same guys who now give me shit because my bike looks "plain" yeah, must be that my carbon fiber bits aren't shiny enough for them :lol
or they give you shit cuz you think you're the best rider on the planet. :idea

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
snigg said:
or they give you shit cuz you think you're the best rider on the planet. :idea
It's never gonna end is it? What's with the comments? You and I both know this needs to stop, we both earned a 3-day SBN vacation for our little "spat" before, do you want it to happen again? Seriously this time, I have no hard feelings against you, and just want this to end.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
im just giving you some shit man, relax. we are rivals on the board, like batman and the joker...superman and kryptonite...the pittsburgh steelers and the cleveland browns...get it? I promote stunting while you do whatever you can to try to put an end to stunting. :D

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I don't mind a good rivalry, I'm very competitive by nature. I just don't want to get in a pissing match with you again, I like this site, it gives me a nice break the constant loop of work/study/sleep/work/study/sleep and I don't wanna get kicked out. So, again, no hard feelings, let's keep it civil, and have fun. Occasional comments are cool, as long as we don't take it too far :lol

edit: just saw your new sig, I like it! :twofinger :lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts