Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
The roads are here, you just have to know where. I have 3 good roads that I ride (they're no Deals Gap, but fun none the less), and would be happy to share. Everybody around me only cares about stunting:rolleyes , so it would be nice to have some people to hit the curves with.

·
Eskimo Bro
2,053 Posts
It would be cool to go on some rides some time with ppl just 2 problems.
1 My work schedule changes every week and with school starting I will probably be working weekends. 2 I do ride a vtx, its not bad in the twisties but definately no r6. I will hopefully have an fz by late november.

Could you give me the route numbers so i can find them? It might be a ride I have to take alone since i really can't plan anything more than a few days in advance. Thanks man!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Southernbelle said:
Hey chip, you ever go to bike night in mobile??? I got a buddy that lives up in fairhope.

I want to, but I'm a chef so I'm always working Friday nights. Does anybody ever get together and ride on Sundays in Mobile?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ilovemyvtx said:
It would be cool to go on some rides some time with ppl just 2 problems.
1 My work schedule changes every week and with school starting I will probably be working weekends. 2 I do ride a vtx, its not bad in the twisties but definately no r6. I will hopefully have an fz by late november.

Could you give me the route numbers so i can find them? It might be a ride I have to take alone since i really can't plan anything more than a few days in advance. Thanks man!

It would be easier to show you. Trying to explain it gets confusing. Let me know when you get a chance to come over here, my mornings are almost always open, and I'm free all day on Sundays and Mondays. A few easy ones are off of HWY 225. Bromley rd and Whitehouse Fork rd

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's do-able aslong as my better half doesn't already have plans for me. I met a guy tonight who said he may want to ride in the morning, too. I'll send a PM with my #.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Mark_Z28 said:
Just got an 07 R1 a few months ago, having a lot of fun with it on the mountain roads around NE Bama. Doesnt look like theres much activity on here though. Heres a couple pictures of the R1 and my 07 Si.

R1Sielcamino 005.jpg (320.0 KB)
R1Sielcamino 008.jpg
I ride most in NE Bama and TN. We usually go up around Lynchburg,TN and back down - over Skyline, around in that area. We ride most every weekend except this one - we are white water kayaking in TN. The rain is coming down here now, so I put my bike in the shop for service. I was hoping to get it back today...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep, raining here to. Got the R1 out day before yesterday though and put 60+ miles on it. Ever make it over to Scottsboro and go up or down Crow Mountain? Its a very curvy road about 2 miles long. The SCCA has a yearly race there to for cars. I need to get the oil changed on mine and put the sliders on to.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey guy's i am fairly new here but not new to bikes, i have been rideing for 10yrs. now, and i love to ride the twisties and drag race bikes as well, here is a couple of pics of what i ride, hope u like it

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
yeah i did some riden up thru there some, def alot of curves man

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Mark_Z28 said:
Yep, raining here to. Got the R1 out day before yesterday though and put 60+ miles on it. Ever make it over to Scottsboro and go up or down Crow Mountain? Its a very curvy road about 2 miles long. The SCCA has a yearly race there to for cars. I need to get the oil changed on mine and put the sliders on to.
What road is that? I have riden all in that area, and in Paint Rock, but I'm not sure I know where Crow Mtn is. I know where Sand Mtn is :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go through scottsboro on 35(coming from Woodville) or go up 35 north off 72 in scottosboro. When you get to where 35 makes a 90 degree turn go north. If you come from 72 just go straight across the intersection instead of turning left where 35 goes, you will go across some rough railroad tracks. Go a few miles and you will come to a little cafe type place that is at a reverse Y, go to the right side, kind of a straight shot, dont go left. Follow that road about a mile, it comes to a T intersection, turn left. Go about a few miles and you will see the road up the moutnain, thats it. Its about 3 miles of curves according to the sign, but its more like half that. Some very tight corners, some probably about 160+ degree turns.
Also, if you ever want to go on a longer ride, highway 52 bewteen Dalton and Dalonega Goergia kicks ass. Turns arent tight but theres a bunch plus the views are great. Havent been to Deals Gap yet but want to go. Probably take my 07 Si up to that soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Heres the mapquest of scottsboro where 35 turns left, go straight across to Tupelo Pike, go to Pikeville, dont veer left, go stright past Pikeville and keep going to you hit the T intersection and then go left, youll run into crow mountain within a couple miles.

//www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=&city=scottsboro&state=al&zipcode=

Crap, geuss youll have to copy and paste.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts