Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Im over in Winfield, about an hour west of bham, riding a 2001 GS500. Where are the best twisty roads in the state? I know of a few local ones, and I've also been to the Mt Cheaha State park, some good roads there. I'd like to hear you guys favorite roads...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think theyre layin down some type of gravel on Mt. Cheaha, i heard its gettin dangerous up there...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Stephen072774 said:
Im over in Winfield, about an hour west of bham, riding a 2001 GS500. Where are the best twisty roads in the state? I know of a few local ones, and I've also been to the Mt Cheaha State park, some good roads there. I'd like to hear you guys favorite roads...
Highway 25 is great if you can manage to run it without getting stuck behind a car.
SR176 is absolutely beautiful. It's north of Gadsden.
SR281 up and down both sides of Cheaha are also great fun.

Beto said:
i think theyre layin down some type of gravel on Mt. Cheaha, i heard its gettin dangerous up there...
I've been going up there quite frequently... it's not so bad. Certainly enough grip to have fun.

I've met some sport bikers up there who complained a bit... I honestly can't tell the difference. But, while I do burn off my chicken strips on that road, I don't treat it like a race track.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yo machburger! How's the riding down there?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mykl said:
Highway 25 is great if you can manage to run it without getting stuck behind a car.
SR176 is absolutely beautiful. It's north of Gadsden.
SR281 up and down both sides of Cheaha are also great fun.

I've been going up there quite frequently... it's not so bad. Certainly enough grip to have fun.

I've met some sport bikers up there who complained a bit... I honestly can't tell the difference. But, while I do burn off my chicken strips on that road, I don't treat it like a race track.
Thanks, I'm gonna check out some of those. Found SR176 on the map and it looks good. I figured there were some great roads heading north toward lookout mtn.

Nice bike Mach, I haven't even laid eyes on one of those yet.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Stephen072774 said:
Thanks, I'm gonna check out some of those. Found SR176 on the map and it looks good. I figured there were some great roads heading north toward lookout mtn.

Nice bike Mach, I haven't even laid eyes on one of those yet.
Only thing about SR176 is that there tends to be a lot of gravel thrown at very bad places. So run it once at a sane speed so you can get the feel for where the spots are. The pavement itself is excellent.

Overall it is a very fun road and it's so tight that you can't really get much speed up on it. The main limiting factor is vision, you just can't see very far around most of the curves. Still, it's a beautiful road with very nice scenery if you care to stop at one of the many overlooks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Florence here! Just picked up my 1st bike today...anyone want to do some parking lot racing ;) lmao I doubt you will see me on the road anytime soon but you never know.
BTW, I picked up a Bandit 1200N (should be interesting) :headbang

·
Registered
402 Posts
Riders in Huntsville area

Supposed to be a group of "Tennessee Valley Sportbike Riders" meeting this Sunday at the Sonic/Shell on University + Jordan Lane crossing at 10:00am.
Any takers? :headbang ANyone in Arab-Huntsville area want to ride?

·
Registered
123 Posts
On the weekends I live in mobile...dunno much about bama but if annyone is in that area would be nice to have a riding partner

·
Registered
402 Posts
Haha, great deal, I'll be in Huntsville today at 12:00 at the Tennis Center, we're meeting at Sonic, corner of University and Jordan 10:00am, will be 2-20 riders. Perkijl want to meet and ride over Huntsville tomorrow morning. Send me a PM and let me know. What bike are you on?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts