Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fail to see the badassness.
A mustang with a twing turbo engine...A Ford Gt with a supercharge the size of Steve Tyler's mouth...badass stuff...post something

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of 'lets cram as much HP into an engine as we can.' I'll say that it's engineering awesomeness.

Now me being an aviation nerd I love this video. May not qualify as badass the same way as your videos are.

and breaking the sound barrier is always badass

and these guys just have balls of steel, or some might say they're badass.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
A mustang with a twing turbo engine...A Ford Gt with a supercharge the size of Steve Tyler's mouth...badass stuff...post something
you realize that's a diesel?

nothing more impressive for cars, is a 8000+ hp dragster

323 mph in less than a 1/4 of a mile from a standing start.

look at the sound pressure these thing produce,

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
lol 8000 hp.

yep, and 5 years ago it was 5,000hp, but the times weren't much slower. not "60% power bump" slower, anyway.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
lol 8000 hp.

yep, and 5 years ago it was 5,000hp, but the times weren't much slower. not "60% power bump" slower, anyway.
they shortened the tracks because the cars were getting too fast for the whole 1/4 mile.
so they're running the same and often faster times in less distance. it takes a shit load of power to get a car to go that much faster at those speeds.

just like the buggati. it only takes like 250hp to get it up to like 150 mph. but takes the remaining 750 to get it to 250mph

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Never much saw the point of blowers on a car that spends it's whole life on the ground. Makes sense for airplanes, lets them breathe where the air is thin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts