Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just before i left for college in salt lake city i went to a parking lot and had my brother take some pics. unfortunately he's the worst camera man i've ever seen (he blamed it on the digital camera's delay) and he took all the pics at the wrong time; all my stoppies look small and don't even get me started on the wheelie pics. so i just looked at the pics tonight and realized they're bad and i'm here in salt lake and my bike is in houston :eek: but here are two anyway. the beginning of what actually was a good stoppie and the begining of a very small burnout. hopefully i can get some good pics when i go back for christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
maybe in addition to better pictures next time you can get some pants and boots too...but the risk of rash is your choice I guess. I know that you have been on this board long enough to know that you would get some shit over these pics.

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was pretty sure i would

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
pics look good atleast like quality wise. get pants and boots like red said dont wanan see your legs and feet all fucked up on here.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
get your ass down in the seat, don't stand on the pegs or as soon as anything bad happens you are gonna fall off. * I know some members don't like constructive criticizm so if you are one of them just tell yourself that Mantis has no idea how to ride, but if you do your stoppies will get much better.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Mantis said:
get your ass down in the seat, don't stand on the pegs or as soon as anything bad happens you are gonna fall off. *
Darius from SBF knows all about that. One slip of a foot off the peg at speed and OUCH is the result.

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mantis said:
get your ass down in the seat, don't stand on the pegs or as soon as anything bad happens you are gonna fall off. * I know some members don't like constructive criticizm so if you are one of them just tell yourself that Mantis has no idea how to ride, but if you do your stoppies will get much better.
yeah i know i've got to work on my style but i was just trying something new. i usually get my butt just a bit over the seat and hug the tank with my legs but i found i get the stoppies higher this way, i just have less control. i dont know if this is true but it seems to me that its also easier to save yourself when the back tire gets too high, just push down with your legs and you come right down. but yeah i'll do it better next time (with protection for my bottom half hopefully); just hope i don't lose it all by december. oh and thanks for the criticism. im confident enough to admit when i need some feedback and it really does help

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SBF Paul said:
Nice pics dude.....we deff gotta meet up soem time and go stuntin or rideing when you get your bike and i buy a new one
where do you live?

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Whenever I do a stoppie (rare occasion), I just squeeze the tank and lean forward, no need to raise off the seat. Here's pics of my first stoppies on my first bike.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
You going to the University of Utah or one of the other schools in SLC? You gonna be IN SLC or in the surrounding area?

I've spent a few summers working down there and actually kinda like it there - you should have taken your bike along - there's still quite a bit of riding season left!

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Twinsen said:
Whenever I do a stoppie (rare occasion), I just squeeze the tank and lean forward, no need to raise off the seat.
and doing it that way doesn't kill your balls?

hozhead said:
You going to the University of Utah or one of the other schools in SLC? You gonna be IN SLC or in the surrounding area?

I've spent a few summers working down there and actually kinda like it there - you should have taken your bike along - there's still quite a bit of riding season left!
I'm at the U so yeah I'm right in downtown slc. Yeah i know i should have brought the bike along but my parents wouldn't let me because they didn't want me to get distracted my first year and I don't have any covered parking cause i live in the dorms

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
poulsen:
Nah, you just squeeze the tank, you don't have to neccessarily mash up against it damaging your jewels.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
poulsen said:
and doing it that way doesn't kill your balls?

I'm at the U so yeah I'm right in downtown slc. Yeah i know i should have brought the bike along but my parents wouldn't let me because they didn't want me to get distracted my first year and I don't have any covered parking cause i live in the dorms
Get over to "The Pie" (Pizza, etc restaurant) they've got good food and its a cool place to hang out at. And check out a concert or two at "Bricks" (though I think now its called "The Venue")

·
Living a dream....
155 Posts
poulsen said:
just before i left for college in salt lake city i went to a parking lot and had my brother take some pics. unfortunately he's the worst camera man i've ever seen (he blamed it on the digital camera's delay) and he took all the pics at the wrong time; all my stoppies look small and don't even get me started on the wheelie pics. so i just looked at the pics tonight and realized they're bad and i'm here in salt lake and my bike is in houston :eek: but here are two anyway. the beginning of what actually was a good stoppie and the begining of a very small burnout. hopefully i can get some good pics when i go back for christmas.
dude.. You better be going to University of Utah!!!!!!

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hozhead said:
Get over to "The Pie" (Pizza, etc restaurant) they've got good food and its a cool place to hang out at. And check out a concert or two at "Bricks" (though I think now its called "The Venue")
yeah i've heard of the pie, havent had a chance to go yet though.

i think it's called "In the Venue" and I'm planning on going to the Thrice/The Bled/Underoath show in october. i just don't know if you have to be a member or not just to go to a show. any info?

ride200mi said:
dude.. You better be going to University of Utah!!!!!!
dude of course i am. did you go there? I just got back from a crimson nights with mud wrestling rock climbing and a bunch of cool stuff. you didn't think i was going to byu did you? heck no. in fact, check out the shirt i'm wearing right now:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
poulsen said:
i think it's called "In the Venue" and I'm planning on going to the Thrice/The Bled/Underoath show in october. i just don't know if you have to be a member or not just to go to a show. any info?
You don't need to be a member to attend concerts - the shows I've been to, they give you a temporary membership when you go in for the concert (bought the ticket at the door, they gave me a temp card right then).

The membership deal goes as follows:
If you go to a bar that only serves beer, you don't need a membership.
If you go to a bar that serves beer AND other alcohol, you need a membership. I believe its generally free but I don't drink so I'm out on the final detail.

carma said:
mormons.
ctr, is stunting included in that?
Hi, I'm LDS (Mormon). And how are you?

CTR = Choose the Right = ride a Honda

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
dangerous.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts