·
Registered
116 Posts
Definitely bad press for the "smart riders". :angry

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I just read this.

This is about the most moronic piece of reporting I have seen regarding Sport Bikes:

"Safety advocates are quick to point out that motorcycling is no game, with fatalities nationwide having risen every year since 1997. The number jumped from 2,116 in 1997 to 3,661 in 2003. It's not clear how many of those deaths were related to extreme motorcycling, said Judy Stone of Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety, a Washington-based lobbying group funded by the insurance industry.
During a three-hour drive home last weekend from Pennsylvania, she said she saw motorcyclists "going so fast, weaving in and out of traffic. It was so outrageous. They had to be going 80, 90, 100 miles per hour."

"It's totally irresponsible and very dangerous," she said. "Clearly, you've seen the results of that."

So basically she has no idea of the numbers involved so why bother posting them. And then when she was driving, she saw a lot of bikes going fast....anywhere fro 80-100 MPH!!! Which is basically the flow of traffic in some areas.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Seriously, is anyone suprised by this?! I'm sure as hell not. This crap happend all the time while I lived in Phoenix and even tho I have to say I was far from worried about my safety while I was in my cage when I was being past up by ppl cat walking down the 101 or I-17, I was worrieda bout tnot only the guys on the bikes, but all the other motorists that dont look for or see ppl on bikes.

I don't dislike stunting per say, but when ppl cat walk down the freeways, it pisses me off! It make the rest of us "responsible" riders, look like a bunch of smart ass punks. I'm tired of being labled so.

·
Registered
454 Posts
regardless of the reporting, it is VERY bad press. A TON of people read CNN.com everyday, this isn't some little podunk paper with a little article in the back. The more sportbikers do shit like this, the worse off it is. I absolutely hate seeing this crap in the news. Yet another reason for cops to target us and legislation to be against us. The next time you get pulled over for some ticky tack violation, like having your visor up, you can probably thank morons like the riders in the article for raising that cop's ire and causing him to target riders. Why do judges always rule against us when it is a car vs bike accident? Because they have a skewed view of motorcyclists due to repeated press like this article.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Often, one officer lamented, "their kick is to find cops, race by them, give them the middle finger salute or wave at the officer. They are out of sight in the blink of an eye."
YEAAAHHHHH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts