Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my problem, I can't start my bike unless the neutral light is on. I can't just pull in the clutch and start it up. So if I stall the bike, I'll need to find neutral, but sometimes when it is upright the neutral light won't come one unless I put the kick stand on.

Just as a side note, when I first got the bike it would start up fine by just pulling in the clutch, then it stopped, and then it started doing it again, now it won't. Any ideas? The only think I can think of is a bad neutral sensor.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Neutral sensors rarely go bad. It is usually an actual bar on the shift drum that makes the contact. You may however, want to check the connection on your engine case. Also, your ignition system and starting system is wired so that your kickstand switch must be open (kickstand up) while the bike is in gear. If the connection on your neutral switch is bad, then your bike obviously will not start with the kickstand down. Bottom line, CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS on your neutral switch, and kickstand switch, and clutch switch. I can almost gaurantee you have a bad connection somewhere. All three of those switches is integrated in your starting/ignition systems. Easiest way to do it is get a multi-meter and do resistance checks and voltage drop tests on the switches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts