Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not from your ass, but in your tank.

I don't think I've ever gotten a bad tank of gas in my bike, but I have in my car. Is there any logic about whether to just burn through it all in one go or to use half a tank and then try to dilute it with good gas? Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I got bad gas in my old truck once. Made it run like it was running on 1 cylinder instead of 4 so I started diluting every quarter tank and it eventually went away. There was no way I was going to be able to drive it any more then a quarter tank at a time because it was just terrible.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
just keep filling up often to dilute it. might try some water out, or gumout. also try to go to gas stations that are always busy and being refilled often. Desolate mom and pop stores are the worst for bad gas, its sits much longer in the tanks.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Siphon it out, don't run it through, goddamn. And if you can't siphon it, drop the tank and drain it. Or get someone who knows what they're doing to drain it.
seriously. drain it out and either properly dispose of it our use it in lawnmower.

btw OP, what makes you think it is 'bad'

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Don't even put it through the lawnmower, you care about your lawnmower don't you?
not in my new honda mower, but my 20 year old briggs flat head will run on anything. i used to always drain my motorcycle tank in spring and use the old gas to mow the lawn. i use waste oil from the MC in the crankcase too!

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
This is deserving of a cartoon episode.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts