Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad Business

Just to imform you all of the incident I had with R&R Performance, Tampa, FL (Ritchie). March 5th 2004 I turned my 03 YZF600R into R&R to get chromed out before bike week in Myrtle Beach/Miami during Memorial Day weekend.

The reason I gave my bike up so early is so I could have it for those events. Ritchie at R&R Performance told me it will take 4-6 weeks to get done with 6 weeks being worst case scanario. I just got my bike back 23 Jun 04. That's right 15 1/2 weeks later.

To make it so bad. Ritchie would not offer a discount for the poor service. And that's not all. Up front I was told it would cost me $2616.00 to have everything done. I gave Ritchie a $1,000.00 deposit. You would think when I got my bike back I would only owe $1616.00 but when I went to check out Ritchie said I owed him $2040.00. Originally he told me it would cost me $900.00 to chrome my swingarm and frame. At check out time he had charged me an additional $275.00 for the subframe (YZF600R don't have a subframe, it's all one piece) and an additional $155.00 for MISC. oil change etc. for a total of $430.00 extra. Keep in mind that he never offered a discount for compensation for the delay in getting my bike back.

So 4 months later and during the rainy season I finally got my bike. Ritchie also accused me of harrassing him but going to his shop to check the status of my bike once he got all the parts in. It took him 10 days to put my bike back together.

Again my fellow riders R&R Performance, Tampa, FL is bad business.

"God Bless America"

Robin D. Christian

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
LifeLiberty said:
that should teach you not to chrome a sportbike again.
Damn good call there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dang, all the trouble you went thru to get some bling bling. Chrome dipped, wow talk about cash money!!! Let's see some pics........ My bike needs a face lift, so I'm just gonna have it polished and get the plastics painted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts