Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my ZX11 in for an 02 RC51. Wow. The RC is suprisingly nimbly for its size. The only mod I have is Akrapovic slip-ons. What is the best gearing, I mean it wheels fine in 1st but 2nd and 3rd its weak especially on take off. Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow is that how they do it on the East Side. Maybe I should talk to someone on the WEST COAST where we ride a lot more. I have heared 15-41 is the way to go, any input is good. thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
kramerdm said:
Wow is that how they do it on the East Side. Maybe I should talk to someone on the WEST COAST where we ride a lot more. I have heared 15-41 is the way to go, any input is good. thanks
Ride a lot more? I ride year around. Average 20k miles a year. You just want to do wheelies it seems. Find a different bike to do wheelies on. The RC was made for turns. :smokin

Also listen to FryDaddy, that seems to be the best gearing for the RC. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I used to ride in the snow too, I would just super-glue a ski on the front tire. What method do you use? Thanks for the advise FryDaddy.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have 15/41 AFAM/Stealth with a 520 conversion and it works great. If you do this, I recommend using Jim Ahlman's speedo recalibrator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts