Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get a nice riding back pack down here? I saw this Aero one but its a UK product and I have not been able to find it being sold in the states.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
For riding? Icon Urban Tank Bag. It converts to a backpack and holds your helmet

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I have a small tankbag and I love it. I use to ride with a small backpack but was a pain to take it on and off... plus I didn't like having something on my back

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have a Fieldsheer Backpack that has built in bungee cords to strap it down as a tail bag. It isn't bad. It came with a padded laptop sleeve that velcros into the inside that fits my work laptop perfectly.

I have heard good things about the Icon Urban Tank Bag as well.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I would go with the Icon bag - had one myself - but I don't recommend making a habit of riding with a backpack. If you go down, whatever's inside could really hurt you as you slide across the pavement if you land on your back or toss around a lot. As a commuter the odds are against you (always on the road), so I try not to make things worse for myself in case shit happens.

Tank bag or tailbag for me... or, actually, I just ordered a Givi topcase and rack for something lockable and waterproof - and I still have room to carry a girl on the pillion seat. It's pricey, though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
foto i was actually thinking of a tail bag but carrying that around once i get off the bike aint easy it would seem

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Onetrick said:
I have a small tankbag and I love it. I use to ride with a small backpack.
I do that once in awhile if I have a few extra things to carry, but if not, it all goes into my truck of my bike. :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Wild Style said:
foto i was actually thinking of a tail bag but carrying that around once i get off the bike aint easy it would seem
It's just bungee cords, and they usually come with a shoulder strap, but I know what you mean. And the tankbag can scratch my paint (I'm not real careful taking it off at stops)... Hence the Givi. If you're careful with it, the tankbag will be your best bet, I'm just not a careful guy lol.

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
I'm thinkin of getting a small tankbag myself, just gotta be really careful not to scratch the tank. I've got a Tour Master Cortech sport tailbag, but it's pretty big and when I only need to carry a couple bottles of water it's kinda overkill. I also have a Fieldsheer Speed Angel backpack which I like alot, but don't use it much anymore cuz when it's hot out having a backpack sucks cuz it doesn't allow any airflow onto your back and you sweat like crazy even while moving. Plus if it's kinda heavy it puts a real strain on your back and shoulders. I still like it though and use it for light stuff or b***** things that won't fit in the tailbag.

Here's my backpack though....
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=11928&department=634&division=6

And the tailbag....
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=14358&department=668&division=6

The backpack I got online at motorcycle superstore, but the tailbag I got at Competition Cycle in Dania Beach. They've got pretty nice stuff, but not a huge selection of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts