Sport Bikes banner

Back to work.

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  Redlinger 
#1 ·
I'm heading back out to sea this sat. I should be back in sept. and I'd be up for a ride.

take care everyone and ride safe

#2 ·
I never even saw this post.

So yes when you get in give me or Falco a holla and We'll go.

#3 ·
Where are you guys? I'm tired of riding solo ever since my one riding buddy crashed last summer on his CBR 929 and my other friend has an '01 R1 with 300 miles on it he never rides cause his wife is a bitch...
I've got a red ducati 900 SS full fairing if you see me in the valley don't hesitate to say hi.

I'm in wasilla...

#5 ·
Yeh I think I have seen you. I'd like to check out the Aprilia sometime, they're good looking bikes.
I went for a short ride today but it started raining - downpoor type stuff. Plus I have a bad head cold and had to stop every now and then to clear out my stuffy nose - bummer for sure.
Might get back out - if so I'll head up to Hatchers as well - depending on the weather. If I didn't have a damn cold I wouldn't care about the weather, but...

Thanks for the info - I'll keep a look out for you. I work in Anchorage but like to go for short rides when I get home - helps clear me head. Usually stop in at Schwabenhof and have a cold one or the Great Bear - depending on my mood. If you see the red Duc stop by.

#6 ·
I passed a red duc on my way in tonight around 5:45/6:00.

I ride an all black CBR 600RR and untill last week when it started getting cold in the mornings,I had all black gear.Now my jacket is red and black.

What time are you doing the comute?I'm leaving here at 5:30 every morning.

And welcome to SBN.

#8 ·
I don't leave till about 7 AM. I'm not riding the bike into Achorage until I'm over this damn head cold, it's been hangin in there for about a week now. Thought I was getting over it until I went fishing on the Kenai Friday, then had a major relapse.

I'll look for you, I have a sold red Shoei a,s a red and white jacket with a large Ducati patch on the back. I'm an old guy so I try to keep it under a 100...

#9 ·
If you go to Schwabenhof stay to the far left going up the drive as it's quite bumpy and is gravel. It is well worth it though, best beer in the state (IMHO) and is a friendly place, no TVs just good conversation. I only live about a mile away off Seward-Meridian so it's an easy stop on the way home. Have had to walk home a few times - they let me park the Duc inside for the night! Good people...

#10 ·
That keeping it under 100 is tough.

And what time do you come back?I leave Mulldoon at 5:30ish on my way home.

#11 ·
That's about when I get to Muldoon (5:30), although it varies (on traffic and work). I work at 39th and C so I have a lot of traffic to negotiate. I'll let you know when I take the bike in and maybe we can hook up on the way home. It'll be a few days though - definetly not feeling well.

Wanted to ride tonight but it doesn't look good.

A week or so ago I followed a CBR 600RR (black) and another bike (don't remeber what it was) from the Big lake side of Pittman to Church Rd and the Parks. I hung back a few hundred yards so as to not get anybody "nervous". that wasn't you was it? The guy was in all black. I pulled along side at the parks intersection and went back to Wasilla, the other two riders headed toward Big Lake...

#12 ·
Hmmm,the only other bike I'v ridden with in the past week or so was a green 250 Ninja.

There was a black one at the begining of summer around Wasilla but it was a young squidly kid with no gear.These bike seem to have a problem of not lasting long up here.

Let me know when your ready to ride.I'm always up for it.The only problem is I'll be on overtime for a while so I'm going to take off ina few weeks a make a run to Valdez.

#14 ·
Sounds good

#16 ·
I thought about heading up last night but this cold is putting it to me. Bad night trying to sleep the way it was. Much better today. If the weather stays decent I might be ready Wednesday. Would be tomorrow but my wife already made plans which require a car...

#17 ·
WooHoo,my road is frozen this morning(not)

Redlinger is in town for a few weeks and wants to go for a ride.I can't but maybe you 2 could,let him know.

Falco,I need to do the car soon.May be Saturday evening.

#18 ·
Looks like I 'm busy tonight doing a wifey duty but the rest of the week looks good.

Man it was COLD this morning! Took the car in to Anchorage cause I wimped out. Now it's getting nice and I'm cussing myself...

#21 ·
I'm only going to work 8 on Saturday if that's a good time.

And my road really was frozen this morning.The rain from yeaterday never dried.I'm gonna move,not going to get snowed in agin this year.

#22 ·
Redlinger,did you call DOL about the ABC program?

#24 ·
Took the car,and it sucked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.