Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R6 was stolen 2 years ago, I have the itch to ride again. I am looking for a cheap bike for this season. Really looking for under 2k. Preferably looking for a 08+ ninja 250 that has been laid down/higher miles, or something similar. I am not looking to spend 3-4k. PM me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You want to go from an R6 to a 250 ninja?
Duuuuuude...You're going to outgrow that bike in the 1st tank of gas!
There are many used bikes for 2k that will provide more miles of smiles than a 250 ninja.
While a great learning tool, the 250 ninja is quickly outgrown and you're already a somewhat experienced rider.
Look for an F2/F3, FZR600, Older Gsxr or ZX6 to name a few.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up picking up a 2006 Venox 250 for $1200. Wasnt really looking for a ton of speed or anything, just something cheap to ride from time to time. Its a pretty slow bike, but its pretty big size for a 250.(Feels like a 600-750) sitting on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Though looking at the SV650S, and the FZ6........those would have been in the conversation if they werent out of my budget.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
You want to go from an R6 to a 250 ninja?
Duuuuuude...You're going to outgrow that bike in the 1st tank of gas!
There are many used bikes for 2k that will provide more miles of smiles than a 250 ninja.
While a great learning tool, the 250 ninja is quickly outgrown and you're already a somewhat experienced rider.
Look for an F2/F3, FZR600, Older Gsxr or ZX6 to name a few.
Don't know why people say that. My first bike was a 750 I put 24K on, then went to a 450 twin and enjoyed the heck out of it for two years until it was stolen. Riding around IN the powerband all the time instead of downshifting, tossing the bike around - I had a blast with it.

KeS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts