1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
wow...scenery looks nice...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am sure that was an absolute blast. Was their ice or anything like that on the road at all? Or lots of salt in places? Or was everythin pretty well cleaned up? I am sure that rideing on roads taht has been salted over and over during the winter would make them kinda gritty/ sandy, and then it looks like their is still some snow on the ground in the higher elevations. So lets have it, what is the road report?

Definately looks like it was a blast though. Gonna have to make a trip up there towards the end of summer, when it is too hot in town for too much ridein.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Road report......awesome. All of it.

To the best of my knowledge, they never salt the roads in So Utah. The roads were ALL clear, clean, and megga grippy. Utah deff stays on top of their tarmac. Always a treat. My only bitch about Utah roads is tar snakes. I think in theory tho', it makes you a better rider to choose lines more carefully around them, or keep your cool and maintain control over them.

The pic with the snow is hwy 14 above Cedar City just below Duck Creek. It wasn't cold like you'd think, and after a very,very spirited ride to that elevation (approx. 10K feet), I was plenty warm inside my gear. The other pics are far and away the best road I've ridden in Utah. It's hwy 72 which runs between I70 and a town called Loa. Phenom sweepers for about 30 miles. I ran that road a total of 5 times over the weekend, and learned some new and interesting things about countersteering the mighty 1K. Just had a blast. We also ran rt 12 from Panguitch Lake into Torrey. That's thru Bryce, Escalante, and Boulder. Awesome road for sure. A mix of everything is up there. Serious elevation changes. Every type of turn from sweet sweepers, to tight technical 1-2 gear stuff.

Again, every bit, of every road I was on was perfect. Just over 1100 miles for the weekend, and it was great. Ready to wash the bike and leave again. I love desolate, unpatrolled roads.

On my way home, I missed hitting a deer by roughly 3 feet. Little bastards came up a hill outta some brush, and right out in front of me. Literally did a stoppie right past the ass of the 2nd deer. Skeert the dogshit outta me for real. Closest I've come yet.

LET'S MOTO.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
I cant wait to go again up to souther Utah this year. there are some super super roads up in the hills and no popo.... Besides last year we were up there on my B-day I cant think of a better way to do it again this year. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Gleno said:
The pic with the snow is hwy 14 above Cedar City just below Duck Creek. It wasn't cold like you'd think, and after a very,very spirited ride to that elevation (approx. 10K feet), I was plenty warm inside my gear. The other pics are far and away the best road I've ridden in Utah. It's hwy 72 which runs between I70 and a town called Loa. Phenom sweepers for about 30 miles. I ran that road a total of 5 times over the weekend, and learned some new and interesting things about countersteering the mighty 1K. Just had a blast. We also ran rt 12 from Panguitch Lake into Torrey. That's thru Bryce, Escalante, and Boulder. Awesome road for sure. A mix of everything is up there. Serious elevation changes. Every type of turn from sweet sweepers, to tight technical 1-2 gear stuff.
Here is some of a Utah map, it should make imagining the twisties easier :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts