Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Rockingham.

For those of you that have never been to Myrtle Beach Bike week, or any HUGE even like that, you NEED to go to this tomorrow. There is NO other event this big in NC (and this event will not be here next year), and aside from Myrtle Beach Bike week, the only other event this big in the "area" (b***** actually) is Daytona Beach Bike Week. The even is just plain huge. When the thread in the group rides section said "70k people attended it last year in Atlanta", it likely was no joke. There had to be ATLEAST 20 - 30k people there today alone.

As the announcer said, "This is the largest turnout we've ever had...Dragstrip or the Nascar track".

Vendor's out the ass, Dynojet Dyno, every bike made EVER, "run what you brung" drag racing, drag bikes, Nitro Methane drag bikes, etc etc etc. 20 bucks will get you in the door, and 15 more to race all day long.

If you haven't been yet, go tomorrow. It will not be a waste of your time, I promise. Just beware, the line to get into the dragstrip is a mile long (literally). It took me a good 30 minutes just to get in the gate.

note: After saying the above, I'm done with these huge bike rallies. I've attended more than enough of them, and am burnt out on them. It's just not my thing anymore.

·
Registered
72 Posts
All I can say is... WOW!

Glad I got a chance to see one of these. Place was like a small little village, where everyone seemed to own a bike. I especially liked seeing all the different types of bikes in one place riding around together.

I wish I hadn't had to go to work right after we got back from the Rock. I'd like to check out Bike Fest today as well.

The trip there, thru some back roads made the whole thing more worthwhile. It beat the boring ass ride back down Hwy 1 to 74.

Also the line to get OUT of there is also long as hell.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah....getting in or out took me some time.

Glad you had a good time while you was there.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
kazlab67 said:
My camera sucks for action shots...but I did get Will's posted drag time as well as a fuzzy pic of him and some other shots
even fuzzy pics are better than no pics... :beer

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a great time out there. I was there Saturday. Pretty good event I must say. Generally I don't like large crowds like that but this was pretty nice. I have a few pics that I will post up soon. However, I have this one pic of some guys ATV I just have to post now. Never has seen anything like this. Seems like a waste but has far as creavitity goes I have to give it to him

Attachments

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
appleripper said:
When does it end? I want to make it out there.
Day late and a dollar short my friend. It was over as of Sunday.

There's talk of it being in Florida next year, but unsure right now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Weren't they heavily petitioning for Florida and Pennslyvannia? I gathered there must be some kind of voting process, so people were riding around with banners & honking, and yelling 'Vote for Florida'. I just had no idea who does the voting.

If they do vote for where it goes next, I think that's pretty tight. Perhaps it gives everyone a chance to get a Roundup. Since no place seems to far to travel for some people to the event. I saw one MC that was from Seattle WA. That's impressive!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone could vote for wherever they want it.

I THINK that it has not and will not be in the same state twice until it's made every state once. Don't quote me on that tho.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
It's decided. It is in FL next year. 3 months from now, a city will be named.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts