Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back yesterday from a 4,000 km, 8 eight day moto-camping experience of my life on the FZ6!

Not only was the weather perfect all along, but the FZ6 performed flawlessly, didn't get a single ticket despite regular cruising at 160-180 Km/h and peeks at 220 km/h and nothing but friendly people all along.

For a few sample pics:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a154/SuperDave08/Maritimes 2005/

The bike is pefect for me! The ergos are just right and every morning it was like :" Woohoo! Let's go!!!"

Will post more when i have a chance.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Awesome pics! I really like the one you took of you reflected in the mirror...perfect!

I hope to do the Cabot Trail next year :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your trip. Great pictures by the way. I like the one with your FZ6 in the middle of that haripin.:dblthumb

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
dparadis said:
Got back yesterday from a 4,000 km, 8 eight day moto-camping experience of my life on the FZ6!

Not only was the weather perfect all along, but the FZ6 performed flawlessly, didn't get a single ticket despite regular cruising at 160-180 Km/h and peeks at 220 km/h and nothing but friendly people all along.

For a few sample pics:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a154/SuperDave08/Maritimes 2005/

The bike is pefect for me! The ergos are just right and every morning it was like :" Woohoo! Let's go!!!"

Will post more when i have a chance.
That is amazing! I have the exact same picture as the one with your bike parked on the curve. The only difference is that its my old bike (Honda Shadow) and mine was taken around 6:30 in the morning. No traffic for miles!! Some pretty amazing roads, friendly people, excellent food and awesome sights around there! I'd go back if I had the time and opportunity.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a154/SuperDave08/Maritimes 2005/?action=view&current=d582eec3.jpg

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! Must say your picture looks like an ad! Great light!!!

I was fortunate to start off on the trail around 7h30. No RVs and almost no traffic (none that couldn't be taken care of with a twist of the throttle!!!)

My only disappointment (if I can call it that) is so few sports and St bikes. It is custom country up there. Saw maybe 10 sports or ST bikes on all the trail... :-(

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
dparadis said:
WOW! Must say your picture looks like an ad! Great light!!!

I was fortunate to start off on the trail around 7h30. No RVs and almost no traffic (none that couldn't be taken care of with a twist of the throttle!!!)

My only disappointment (if I can call it that) is so few sports and St bikes. It is custom country up there. Saw maybe 10 sports or ST bikes on all the trail... :-(
Yup, lots of cruisers.

Did you enjoy riding down the long hills behind the overloaded mini-vans with the smoking-stinking brakes? Man, I felt sorry for some of those people, beautiful place but not a nice way to experience it.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There are a lot of hairpin turns with stated limits of 30 km/h. It is the first time I actually tried doing the monkey-hang next to the bike! Awesome.

It is the most technical I have driven. Lots of severe braking (if you want to have fun) with acceleration coming out of turn. Coming from Quebec, I find the whole of the Maritimes is a hoot to drive! Staright roads are few and far between...

Doing it in the morning, I think we saw one RV on the whole 3 hours. So no, no stinking brakes or nuttin'.

The Mount Washington auto road, now there's another story!!! The smell was so bad, I couldn't help but hink of the business it must generate for the area mechanics!!! :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Spectacular scenery and tour! Without a doubt, those are the best composed photos I have ever seen of a ride - way to go, Mr. Photographer.

What was your technique/tips for avoiding tickets with such spirited riding?

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
skeleton said:
What was your technique/tips for avoiding tickets with such spirited riding?
No technique. :neener

Just based on my prior experience. The Maritimes (especially New Brunswick and Nova Scotia) spend a lot to attract tourist to their 'shores'. It is now my third summer of summer driving there and I have yet to see a single radar (though obviously I have seen police cars).

These two provinces are policed by the RCMP (and not a provincial force). Whether it is a common sense approach of 'leaving the tourists alone' or perhaps the RCMP does not like to do radar, I don't know.

One other possibility is: I have been incredibly LUCKY!!! :)

All I know is I will be going back next year. Roads are really nice...

Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts