Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm going today to purchase either the Glock 26 (9mm) Or the Sig P239 in 9mm.

I've already set my mind on the Glock but I wanted to post here first and see if anyone thinks I'm making a mistake.

Both are comparable in size although the Sig is a LITTLE bit more comfortable. Sig is $100 more but price isnt the biggest issue anyway. Glock holds 2 additional rounds, but I am told that the Sig will be a little more accurate.

I dont know how much more accurate, and if its a big enough difference to warrant choosing the Sig. Was also told the Glock will last longer and is more reliable. Anyone have any more info or personal experience?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
^ +1 Welcome to the wrong site.

Now, for what it's worth, I bought a IMI Baby Eagle 9mm. And if Jetrocooter comes on, he will tell you to go with the Sig, and he has owned both. For what it's worth.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
The sig will be more accurate if it holds to the reputation of those I've owned

The sig has more working parts.....and I'm a simplistic person

The glock will shoot ANYTHING you put in it PERIOD. The ammo has to malfuntion before you jam it. I mean you could sprinkle powder on a piece of gravel, shove it in the chamber of a glock and it would shoot it

OK exageration maybe

Glock, hands down

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey you cant fool me. You guys LOVE to talk about guns almost as much as sportbikes. :flipa

I forgot to mention this isnt my first post, something happened to my other account (I know I wasnt banned) but the server lost my password or something aaaaaaand, I closed the email account I registered w/ a long time ago.

So I couldnt recover my password and had to register again. My other name was lockedfree

Lets see if I'm lucky enough to get a reply from jetrocooter with more details

·
Registered
130 Posts
no_morelipfrom_you said:
I forgot to mention this isnt my first post, something happened to my other account (I know I wasnt banned) but the server lost my password or something aaaaaaand, I closed the email account I registered w/ a long time ago.
Uhhh, yeah, everybody had to re-register. They changed the site up.

Anyway, guns are cool, and I'd definitely go with the glock. But that's cause I'm a lazy arse and know that it'd last much better. Been shooting my friends 1911 and have seriously thought about purchasing my own piece. Especially since any joeblow can get a ccs now in Michigan. Gotta love the MI Militia for somethin'!
:headbang

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Castor, Ive heard that before about the Sig being more accurate. But are we talking millimeters or inches?

And if millimeters, are we talking a difference in millimeters at 7 yards, or at 15 yards?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
lets see, glocks suck, they melt, they jam, pain in the ass clips..blah blah blah

why not look into a .357 :D that's what I have. I'll get the job done if need be, God forbid

·
Registered
590 Posts
Difference in accuracy at distances that matter is minimal, especially once you consider that accuracy outside of a 12" box in a self defense situation is pointless anyway.

Go with the one that fits your hand better.

·
Swollen Member
745 Posts
Either is fine, go with what fits your hand.

More important is practice. If you aren't burning at least 100 rounds EVERY six months for practice and function, get a revolver.

D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like good advice. I will go with the one that fits my hand but I'm already leaning toward the glock. Thanks everyone.

Quick question for unbridled rage, how does getting a revolver negate the need for practice? :confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
japbike said:
lets see, glocks suck, they melt, they jam, pain in the ass clips..blah blah blah
First of all you are very misinformed. Second of all you are very misinformed.

Try to shoot both guns and see which one feels better. I am a b***** fan of the compact glocks and carry a 23 daily. If you like the 26 why not try the 27, same size but the in .40. The accuracy difference will not be seen by the average shooter between a sig and glock.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Why the hell to you care how "accurate" it is? You're not getting a target pistol. You are getting a defensive tool with fixed sights to shoot people if need be. For that purpose the glock is perfectly adequate if not superior.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"If you like the 26 why not try the 27, same size but the in .40."

Because (and I am making an assumption here, so please let me know if I'm wrong) the .40 is going to kick a lot harder, which may not be a big deal at all on a mid or full sized pistol, but this is a tiny pistol. Considering the small size of the gun I would think the recoil is harder and recovery time from a .40 would be a lot longer?

I also want my gf to be able to handle this gun and I want to teach my daughter how to shoot it.

Also guessing .40 will cause a lot more wear and tear on that small gun, and the ammo will be more expensive. I plan on a lot of practice shooting. I have read the .357 is much, much harder on the gun than a 9 is.

Lastly, excuse my ignorance but can you get .40 in hollow point? If not I'm sure a hollow point 9 is more effective than a .40.

If I am as misinformed as japbike please blast me out of the water.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
I think I'm the only one that carries a S&W on here :dunno:

I also have a Colt 380, and it is small, and I'm sure it would never win in a shooting competition...But F2Benny nailed it, I'm not in a target competition, so what do I care how accurate it is??...It's there for that one day everyone that carries a gun hopes never comes...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes, they make .40 hollow points. I usually recommend 9mm's for new shooters since it's cheaper to shoot, you're more likely to shoot often.

Revolvers don't negate the need to practice, they just are more forgiving when you use bad form (finger on tr*****, limp wrist, etc). The nice thing about revolvers is that they are almost always flawlessly functioning. It's rare to jam a revolver.

·
Registered
398 Posts
japbike said:

why not look into a .357 :D that's what I have. I'll get the job done if need be, God forbid
Huh thats just down right scarey you and a gun, or could be hmm well you know

·
Registered
495 Posts
There are advantages to both, and it depends on your training. If you don't have much experince with a double action semi-auto (where the first tr***** pull both cocks the hammer and releases the sear) definately go with the Glock. With the Glock if you keep a round in the chamber you just pull the tr***** and it goes bang every time until it jams. All the tr***** pulls are the same, there are no safties to worry about ect.

I personally would prefere the Sig. I like carrying with the hammer down and a long first tr***** pull. I feel it allows a little more safty without having to worry about turning a safety off. That is my preference for carrying my Beretta 92. Again for someone who isn't trained to fix malfuntions without thinking, I recommend a Glock, they are bullet proof :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
no_morelipfrom_you said:
Because (and I am making an assumption here, so please let me know if I'm wrong) the .40 is going to kick a lot harder, which may not be a big deal at all on a mid or full sized pistol, but this is a tiny pistol. Considering the small size of the gun I would think the recoil is harder and recovery time from a .40 would be a lot longer?

I also want my gf to be able to handle this gun and I want to teach my daughter how to shoot it.

Also guessing .40 will cause a lot more wear and tear on that small gun, and the ammo will be more expensive. I plan on a lot of practice shooting. I have read the .357 is much, much harder on the gun than a 9 is.

Lastly, excuse my ignorance but can you get .40 in hollow point? If not I'm sure a hollow point 9 is more effective than a .40.

If I am as misinformed as japbike please blast me out of the water.
The 27 will have a little bit more felt recoil but it really isn't bad at all. If this is your first handgun I would suggest a 9mm but I was just throwing the .40 suggestion out there. The .40 is a more expensive round $15 for 100 rounds of walmart valu pack and 9mm is $10 per hundred for practicing. The .40 is ballistically a better round than 9mm but if you can't hit with it then it does you no good if you would ever need it. Shot placement is much more key than a "magic" caliber. But get the biggest caliber you feel comfortable with. Good luck with your choice, you will really enjoy the 26 if you go for it.

The only reason I made the comment about japbike's comment was that it was totally bullshit. oh well

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Big15 said:
First of all you are very misinformed. Second of all you are very misinformed.

Try to shoot both guns and see which one feels better. I am a b***** fan of the compact glocks and carry a 23 daily. If you like the 26 why not try the 27, same size but the in .40. The accuracy difference will not be seen by the average shooter between a sig and glock.

ohh ok, I only grew up with guns since my Dad was Cheif of Police in the city I grew up in and I had no choice but to learn to use one. I've tried um all, and Im my opinion, glocks suck...

it's all a personal opinion. I dont like .9 mm I like my .357 again "OPINION"

1 - 20 of 56 Posts