Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
lots of peeps are at weddings or bars. hardly no one rode tonight...SmokenJoe and I and a couple of others, but no one from the regular group came out to play tonight...

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
well im now at work. hell of a way to finish up a glorious weekend by coming back here and seeing a wipe....and this is as wiped as wiped can get too...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I took the Suby into work today after riding the cycle to work every day this week because it was SUPPOSE to rain the very second I got off work.

Ah well at least it was a nice drive home with Zapp and Roger playing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey KungFu whats your name and who were you with?? I rode Sat. night but I don't know if I got a chance to catch everyones name that looked new to the group. I'm sure you figured out who I was and if your someone I already know then just ignore everything I just said, I'm a dork. Hey after a bunch of peeps left I finally went out and practiced on my wheelies. Hubby told me to start little so I did. Didn't take the camera again, man what is my problem? Anyway got a couple baby ones, I was so proud of myself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I busted a few little baby wheelies myself this weekend on Sams little 50!! fun but scary... Was worried about sitting so far back on that thing with my fat butt and then pulling on it. I about toasted it 2 or 3 times but finally got some good little ones going..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sigh.. I haven't been able to get the front tire off much since my wreck... a little psychological mixed in with losing the snap in my wrist since I broke *it*, also throw in a little mix of I have no stunt skill whatsoever and that pretty much sums it up!

don't worry though.. my wrist till functions for other things..

hrm.. the tmi ack was created for me.

BYE

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can run through 1st easy and can now clutch it up in 2nd (went down one tooth in front), but still cant get the shifting from 1st to 2nd down.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So is it true about the balance point?? I got ballsy and did a couple of power wheelies last night on the buell in 1st and wow I bet the front wheel was only a foot or so off the ground but it felt like alot further. I basicly brought it up and right back down each time it felt like givin it more throttle would just send it on over..? Maybe 1st gear is too much power.. I can't get it to power wheelie in 2nd tho and I dunno how to clutch it up..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I refuse to use the clutch though. .maybe I am just being stubborn. I have heard 900RRs are too fat with a full tank of gas though to power wheelie. Then again I have SEEN my cycle power wheeled in first so..

I just need to have someone teach me heh :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh hell no I ain't clutchin it up. Hubby just told me what to do and to start small and by golly I started small probably only got it up 6 inches I don't know I couldn't see it. But hey I did it. I'm gonna go down one in the front so maybe that will help.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
hell I'm up 2 in the back and down 1 in the front. I try to avoid wheelies so I'm pretty gentle on the throttle but every now and again, I'll forget and whack it open and up it comes. I don't know how to clutch it and truthfully, at this point, I'll wait to find out. I've brought it up with much much encouragement though (and plenty tears, sweat and frustration)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well I want to keep it to where I can still ride her on the streets and take her to the track so Crazy Dan told me to just go down one in the front and leave the rear alone. Hell my rear is already a 46 which to me is big. Compared to others.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
chicw/speed said:
Hey KungFu whats your name and who were you with?? I rode Sat. night but I don't know if I got a chance to catch everyones name that looked new to the group.
Where does this group meet to ride?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
ahhhh the elusive balance point, the g-spot of wheelies if you will :)

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
EricKC said:
sweet.. two things I can't find.

im actually getting alot better with the balance point. i can achieve the bp but i cant keep it there indefinately. no worries, i will have it down in due time

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
we meet on friday/sat nights at sonic on santa fe in olathe. usually peeps start showing up there around 930-1000 and end up waiting until some of the cars get off the road (usally around 10 or later) I won't be there this weekend though as I have to work...akkkkkk hate it when vacations end. I have to go back to a real life :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts