Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been around for a while... it's called:

Simple Green: Powersports Cleaner (Grease & Grime Remover)

You spray it on and it becomes a very thick foam...eats right through grime and grease!

I used it on my chain and sprocket today and a toothbrush...voila! Clean chain!
Cost $5.99 :)
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
You're chain needed it, it was nasty :barf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rascus said:
You're chain needed it, it was nasty :barf
The sad part is the damn chain is rusty!

All that grime was hiding a bunch of rust spots especially on the part of the chain facing the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Okay here it is :)

Be sure to read directions it says don't use on hot engine parts or on plastic instrument panels.

After using some other cleaners, I wasn't really expecting this cleaner to be as good as it is. The foam really penetrates and clings to the chain. As soon as I put the toothbrush to it that black gunk just started coming off.

1-800-228-0709 Simple Green, maybefind a dealer near you.

I am not an agent btw. :D



 

·
Smiley Gladhands
Joined
·
3,050 Posts
Thanks for sharing...I have been planning to clean my chain anyway. I wax it about every two weeks. It's starting to build up...I wonder if that stuff will remove chain wax as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
freeky929 said:
Thanks for sharing...I have been planning to clean my chain anyway. I wax it about every two weeks. It's starting to build up...I wonder if that stuff will remove chain wax as well.
wax? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,025 Posts
MT Wallet said:

Chain wax,there's a number of different brands and the stuff sucks.It will sling off and get on every thing untill you learn how to apply it and then it will still come off a little.

Remember this,it does not take much of anything to lube a chain.weather it be wax,3 in 1,gear oil or the stuff I use,it only takes a little.

i use this
 

Attachments

·
Smiley Gladhands
Joined
·
3,050 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Chain wax,there's a number of different brands and the stuff sucks.It will sling off and get on every thing untill you learn how to apply it and then it will still come off a little.
I don't have any problems with it at all. I just do it right after riding when the chain is warm. I put the bike on my PitBull stand in neutral, then I hold a piece of cardboard behind the chain and spray it on while spinning the rear wheel to move the chain past the spray. My four-year-old chain still looks new...except it's a little dirty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good info guys -- never knew about wax 'til now.

my chain has some rust spots...actually a lot...is that bad?
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
Your chain is in pretty bad condition. I would think about getting it replaced. I don't know how it looks now since you cleaned it but it was pretty horrendous before hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
+1 on the Powersports cleaner. I just used some yesterday while handwashing my bike; there's a large dirty spot where my bike was sitting for the wash...the dirt basically falls off. It does work good on the chain also. :D

Maxima Chain Wax is great stuff too...it never seems to fling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
freeky929 said:
I don't have any problems with it at all. I just do it right after riding when the chain is warm. I put the bike on my PitBull stand in neutral, then I hold a piece of cardboard behind the chain and spray it on while spinning the rear wheel to move the chain past the spray. My four-year-old chain still looks new...except it's a little dirty.
+1.

maxima chain wax is the shit. i use it regularly, my chain looks brand new, and i have no sling problems whatsoever.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top