Sport Bikes banner

Awake and Nervous

2K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  OT 
#1 · (Edited)
Awake and Nervous (Gap Update)

Can't sleep.
I got a call this week from a company on Monster
They are possibly offering a large pay raise. They are flying me out for an interview today and I leave in a couple hours. Now I cant sleep and the plane lands an hour before my interview so I have to wear my suit on the plane because I wont have time to get my baggage. Anyways done rambling, and G tell your brother lips sealed right now.

and I know chiny is going to ask, its in orlando about 10 mins from DS's house.

#8 ·
good luck buddy....speaking of interview, im on my way to an interview in about 5 minutes.

#20 · (Edited)
Aight Guys made it out of the gap alive!!!

Trip Recap:
Got into to town at 10am Sun and it rained ALL day. Stopped long enough to justify unloading the bikes. When I noticed the ratchet strap got hooked around my headlamp wire and shorted out the whole bike. Got that fixed and got a new light. Rode out to the Gap entrance at about 10pm ish and back to the cabin we rented.
This morning woke up at 545 and was out of the campground by 615 got to the gap at 7. Had the WHOLE road to just 2 of us, It was awesome, Stayed there till about noon and did about 8 trips. Went back to the campsite and ate lunch and packed. Went out for another ride and didn't kill myself :). Didnt run into OT Snow or Disgo, No cell phone for about 9i0 miles in any direction. All in all did about 300 miles today and now Im in ATL on my way home. Had A BLAST!!!!!. Only problem is I kept scraping foot pegs.

Only Gripe:
5 of us came up in all, myself, the guy with the Erion (jon), A guy with a Shoadow (Derek), His sister and my friend allejandra.
Derek was the whiniest little terd the whole trip, takes at least a half hour when we stop for gas, tried to leave him but Jon felt bad. Sleeps all day instead of riding and than gets pissed at us for going to sleep so we can get our roads to ourselves. Ugh. Jon was cool except is always putting down my 600 till I schooled his ass all over the smokie mountains, and I even tought him how to corner, his CS's went from 2 in to 1/2 in

Pics are on Film So Ill get them up when developed, I have one on my Digicam Ill get up when I get home.

But aside from being with a couple overly annoying people I had a blast.

We were going to sleep in the trailor but we got to the campsite and it was downpouring so we rented a cabin. We got 2 cabins for $90 total and one had 2 beds and the other had 1. and the owner helped me fix my light problem. (props brother) www.kickstandlodge.com its only 20 miles from the gap enterance and its easily accessible from 441 as opposed to driving in all the curvey back roads.

ummm... Cant think of anything else right now. Thank for the concern Andro, Just got your message. :)

Snow OT Disgo hope you guys made it out alive!!!!

Ciao

#24 · (Edited)
I dunno DS, and yes Chiny the Gap is past BFE

Part II of story

After I posted that Last post our truck died 90 miles north of Montgomery AL.
Electrical problems, Checked all the conections and decided it was either the battery (bad Cell Screwing with Shit or the Alternater.) Both were original on the 130000 mile truck. it was 11pm on the 4th of July so we put our money on the battery because it is actually physical. So we unloaded the 929 and the F4 and myself and jon rode 30 miles to Walmart (Thanks Rand McNally) and got a battery. (Riding 30 miles with an 850 CCA battery on your back is a Beotch!!!!) Well it turns out it wzasnt the battery but the new one got the truck to Montgomery ish. Allejandra had to be a school by 6 am and it was 230 am now. Jon who owned the truck was the only one of us that was 26, the age where you dont need to file an itinerary for them to deny. So he told me to get her to class and he would stay with the truck. So I took the 929 back to Biloxi in 3hours and 45 minutes 15 mins after she was supposed to be in school but she only ended up being a half an hour late. I on the other hand had been up for over 24 hours and slept like a LOG. Well Jon got a new alternater at 930 am from the ford dealership and somehow mad it back before class at 3. Yet another mission pulled off successfully. So , he has offically made good friend status in my book just because he was willing to stay behind and take the rap if anything were to happen, and he actually made me get her to class as close to on time as possible. He wanted to stay with the truck and he didnt trust derek to drive his bike. I love it when people are actually unselfish, its a hard quality to find nowdays.

But one thing out of this trip I got my first chance to drive a late model 1L ish. I havent driven a big bike that was newer than 93 before. I Want one. and what a way to do a test ride than with a passenger for almost 4 hours!!!

Okay I am off to weather.com to check the storm status

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.