Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if avon azaro tires are any good?

I was offered a set MOUNTED for $220 with only 300 miles already on them.

Should I go for it?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i dont know but my buddy went down on a set a week after he bought them so it might be a fluke but im not shure

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
SyntheticReality said:
going down is usually a rider thing, how did it happen?
he was in mid turn and the back broke loose. The tires were scrubbed in and he is a very good rider we went back and there was no gravel,sand,ect. that could of caused the back to break loose

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
let me know if you get them and how they are im kinda intrested in getting some my self i have the prob they stated with the dunlops cupping in the front and they are way more in price

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been running D208's and haven't had any real probs except that cupping on the front tire, the way the tread pattern is, one side of the wave is higher than the others, and they don't feel all that stable in the turns, they feel shaky.

I read in another place that these Avons grip outstandingly well on the outsides of the tire, but the inside compound is a little bit harder. That only poses a problem in nasty weather.

I just don't want to make a mistake that costs me my health/life or my bike. Tires are a pretty serious thing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used avon azaro's on my GSX and they were OK but gave no warning when they were going to let go. This happened coming off a roundabout and the back stepped out and nearly highsided me... They were crap in the wet too so I went back to michelin macadams

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i guess i got to look for somthing else i always ride in the rain

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which azaros were they though? There are a lot of different ones out, these may be newer.

Argh, I just don't want to pass up a good deal, I could always just get a new rear, but my options are limited in that too. He's got a 208 GP rear I can have for 50 bucks (85 mounted-ripoff mounting), it's got one track day on it, he said the sides are scrubbed in, but it's got about 80-90% tread left on it. According to him, I'll only get about 2,500 more miles out of that GP tire though. Which wouldn't be so bad, because then I could just replace my front and rear together later.

Opinions anyone?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
the Avon tires he had on were the ones in the pic they were showing im not shure what the name is though. The rear you mentioned sounds like a good deal to me the price is very good

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 208 GP, it is a good deal, I just don't want to have to change it out again that soon, but I think I might just do that, I feel a bit safer with Dun's. The 208GP is a race tire though, anybody know how different the feel is? I heard they just take a bit more to warm up.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
they do take longer to heat up. If you are not riding hard you might get more miles out of the tire. I tend to get around 4,000 miles on mine but i dont do track days. Alot of my riding is on highways also

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
yes it wont hurt any they have the same tread pattern and are almost the same. The only thing diffrent is the GP's are a softer compond. I have ran both there is not that much diffrence in the wear maybe 500 miles or so

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to go, I think I'll play it safe with the GP rear. How much life do you think one track day took out of them? The streets around here are not even that great that I can really ride aggressive on the sides of my tires.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
SyntheticReality said:
Good to go, I think I'll play it safe with the GP rear. How much life do you think one track day took out of them? The streets around here are not even that great that I can really ride aggressive on the sides of my tires.
thats hard to say im not shure what the tire looks like or how hard the guy rode or how long he rode. If your not going to ride to hard then 85% tread you should get anouther 2,500 to 3,000 miles on it. Thats no burn outs and not giving it hard starts every time you launch it

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i would guess youll get 2,500 atleast then if not more

1 - 20 of 22 Posts