Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a serious thing about having lots of light at night...

Has anyone thought about trying to wire up some auxiliary driving lights? I know there were some parts posted on here that had them molded in, but I don't have the cash flow for something like that.

Does anyone know where you can get some (around 2") diameter driving lights? I saw some on the PIAA web site, but I know that PIAA's are expensive (though from what I've heard are worth the money).

I do know that I'd wire the relay into the high beam switch so that they'd only be on with the high beam. Any thoughts on current draw? Right now I'm completely stock when it comes to the wiring, aside from the dual headlight mod (high/low not on at the same time on the right hand light).

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
04Fizzer said:
I've got a serious thing about having lots of light at night...

I do know that I'd wire the relay into the high beam switch so that they'd only be on with the high beam.
Doesn't that plan kind of defeat your intended pupose? If you want people to be able to see you better, why have them only on when your high beams are on (which would be when no one is around to be blinded)???

If it weren't for the cost of around $500 + shipping, I'd love to get one of these from Europe...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crx81 said:
Doesn't that plan kind of defeat your intended pupose? If you want people to be able to see you better, why have them only on when your high beams are on (which would be when no one is around to be blinded)???

If it weren't for the cost of around $500 + shipping, I'd love to get one of these from Europe...
It's not me wanting them to see me. It's me wanting to be able to see where I'm going. My night vision's not the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts