Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here listen to audio books??

I like books, but I'm a fairly slow reader, so I never seem to be able to get through them.

I have never tried any audio books, but I've been thinking about it. I would like to get some so that I can listen to them while I walk my dog, or while I work in my lawn.

Anybody ever listen to them?? Are they told well, or just really "blah??"

Thanks.

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
Does anyone here listen to audio books??

I like books, but I'm a fairly slow reader, so I never seem to be able to get through them.

I have never tried any audio books, but I've been thinking about it. I would like to get some so that I can listen to them while I walk my dog, or while I work in my lawn.

Anybody ever listen to them?? Are they told well, or just really "blah??"

Thanks.
we listen to books when we take trips. its nice to not worry about finding a station to listen to. find an author you like and give it a try. most of the books we listen to are pretty well done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
they're ok, i had a few in the past, i figured i'd check them out, personally i'd rather read a book on my own. I find it helps to read books that have movies made out of them, then you can put faces to the people in the book and it helps you to get through the whole thing. My advice is to check out one from your local library and see if you like it, that way you dont waste any money.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For about 1 year, I drove from KC, MO to Des Moines, IA every other weekend to see my gf/fiance (now wife). The drive takes about 3.25 hours. After quite a few boring drives, I went to the library and checked out a book on tape. Loved it - made the long drive much more entertaining. On one occasion, once I got to her house, I just passed it and drove around a little longer because the current chapter was too interesting (it was some book on mountaineering stories).

If you find a topic or book you're really interested in, these can really help pass the time on long drives. I don't think I'd buy one, but I highly recommend checking them out from the library.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have used them on long drives....definately passes the time faster! And unlike a dash mounted DVD player, your attention never really leaves the road (at least in my experience) and you still get to enjoy it. Just find a story/subject you enjoy and go to town! Like was mentioned earlier, go to your local library...they usually have a good selection few people know about. Some are on tape, some on CD...choose appropriately...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts