Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I spelled that right... Anyway, I went down to this bike shop today with my friend who happens to know the owner because I was looking for a wrecked bike i could fix up and stunt with. He told me he had a 98 cbr 600 with about 15k miles on it in the back that was wrecked and he said he was planning to fix it up and sell it but since I was looking for something to "play around on" that he'd fix it up except for the body work and give it to me for $2200. Sound like a deal or should I keep looking? Thanks. BTW, ive heard honda are pretty good for stunting, this true? I know if i wanted to stunt my gixxer id have to move the oil pickup to the back of the pan and disable the sensor that shuts the engine down when the bike thinks its down, but if I remember correctly cbr's are easier. Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i've always heard the cbr900rr's are the best stunt bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
98 cbr 600

In response to your question concerning stunting 98 cbr 600. In my own opinion it is not good to stunt any bike. They were designed to be rode on both wheels. The cbr's oil pickup is closer to the front of the engine and riding wheelies can and will starve the engine for oil. Not to mention 2nd gear is notorious for going out prematurely on the cbr 600's. When I bought the cbr 600 I have now it was mistreated by the previous owner, but I din't realize 2nd gear was worn. I found out about my 2nd gear while riding some twistie turnie roads, I downshifted to 2nd gear going into a hard turn I was at full lean(srapping foot pegs) as I was exiting the apex getting back hard into the throttle the transmission jumped out of 2nd gear and I almost highsided but managed to regain control of the bike and saved it. The two gears that make up 2nd gear are about $300.00 not counting the time it took me to remove engine and disassemble transmission to repair said problem. Plus you have to realize every time you do a wheelie and come back down you are putting a lot of undue stress on the wheel, wheel bearings, fork seals, inner fork springs and the steering head bearings which are very simular to bicycle steering head bearings unless they have been upgraded to the tapered roller bearing type. I would leave the stunts to someone who has plenty of money to repair their bike. Hope this helps you make a wise decision. Good Luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats too bad, deffenetly dont wanna be going 90 on one wheel and have 2nd slip out on me.. Hmm what to do what to do..

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
dont listen to him, that bike will be fine. f3's make good stuntbikes although they are heavy. gear it up and you can wheelie it all day(you could wheelie it all day w/ stock gearing as well). i ride wheelies everytime i swing a leg over my bike and havent had a problem yet.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
I live in the stunt capital of the world, and I've seen maybe one or two 600 used by the full time stunters...Now, the 900RR is the bike the majority use...Watch any stunt vid, and you'll see...Gixxer 750's are popular, too...

And I've never heard of having to move anything to stunt.....Some of the guys go with 62 teeth in the back for 12 oclock and slow wheelies, and some adjust their forks for rolling stoppies, but that's it...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
even tho I don't stunt my bike in the least, I know it's VERY easy to pull a wheelie in 2nd. Im at 15/45 and it comes up no prob. but I do agree that the F3 has 2nd gear probs. Im still trying to get mine worked out... its pain in the rump...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well hey if i had my choice of anything a 900rr or a gixxer 750 would be a great stunt bike im sure, its just that this is the only thing I could find. Would anyone happen to know what the insurance companies do with the bikes people make claims on? or maybe theres a way to see who registered for a salvage title? BTW japbike, very nice signature... :leghump

·
Registered
454 Posts
yeah, i think he is confused. Hondas have rock SOLID transmissions. No CBRs are notorious for having any gears fail. Maybe the r6, but not a cbr600. I think it will be fine for stunting...i have seen some of them in stunt vidz before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts