Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm always afraid I will run out of tire, I guess not

·
Registered
147 Posts
They sure make it look easy.....

More obtuse than I would have thought...only 57 (how come I don't have a degree sign on my keyboard?)

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I couldn't even get my ass off the seat if I tried.

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
you have to keep in mind that it's not just tires but suspension as well. Both together let you ride that last 15% of tire. You use your knee as a gauge to tell you when your at the limit of the lean angel. Here is an example in the Sundays race I was behind Toad and I watched him lean the bike all the way over till his knee was about to drag but it was up agains the fairing. He was about to drag the frame slider! If every thing is set up right and you have good body positionand throttle controls you can drag an elbo OH I also forgot some else you need COJONES!

·
Registered
924 Posts
good point snow

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I like Moto's explanation best... when you lowside.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully after my suspension is set, than I can elbow drag :banana Yes, Yes, I know, I need to get the knee down first.

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
also race tires dont have that WALL that street tires have. is that correct?

Street tires and DOT race tires are the same. The only difference is the compund used in them. Street tires are designed to heat up moderately and last 6K miles Race tire are made with super soft compounds are made to heat up super fast and last about 3 to 4 races. One more diff is that race tires lack some of the rain grooves on the eadge of the tire this is so you can maximise grip in corners and get a better drive. Out side of that they are all the same carcases wise.

·
Registered
924 Posts
hmmmm not keeping the 250 as a track bike?

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Chinygyal said:
Hopefully after my suspension is set, than I can elbow drag :banana Yes, Yes, I know, I need to get the knee down first.
Do it! Do it!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DreadJockey1 said:
hmmmm not keeping the 250 as a track bike?
Me? I already sold her, where were you when I posted that? :bitchslap

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bluemist said:
i wasnt here when you posted that.
It was in the same thread I started about me getting a new bike. We going to the gym tonight? :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts