Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went on that Colorado vacation I had wanted to go on.
Coming back on I-70 (where it turns south for 5-10 miles in dever
before going back straight east) I'm in this construction zone.
Speedlimit has just dropped from 65mph to 55mph about 2 miles ago.

These 5 crotch rockets with about 10 seconds of spacing between
them blow past me and this other car right on the line doing at least
90mph.

Now, we all "gun it" once in awhile. But these guys were doing it in
the dark, in a construction zone, in VERY VERY heavy traffic, and in
between other cars. In fact, I was switching lanes (turn signal like
the good guy I am) and I almost pulled in front of one of them since
they were doing double my speed.

Whoever you guys are, your asshats. You are the reason cops target
us out of a crowd. You give us all the bad name we hate to have.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ha! Must have had one of them in Ohio today. I was out riding the twisties today when I look back with just enough time to recognize another bike. Before I have time to swerve a little to the right to make room, he buzzes by. I was doing about 60-65 so he might have been doing twice that. This is a pretty twisty and hilly road with a lot of blind corners. To top it off this is out in Amish country. Horse and buggies on the road. Not a matter of if but when you will meet them. I expected to come around a corner to to find him crashed though a buggy and implanted in a horses a$$. To his credit he did have a jacket and helmet on. Still not smart.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Poor horse in that case, at least it was doing what it was supposed to (if it actually happened of course). I bend, ok break, the rules, but there are times and, particulary, places to do them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Adempha said:
Whoever you guys are, your asshats. You are the reason cops target
us out of a crowd. You give us all the bad name we hate to have.
I think another main reason why cops target sportbikes is because I hear many stories and see videos of guys on sportbikes always trying to outrun the cops and usually getting away with it. I think thats a big part of the reason. Cops just don't see riders respecting them, so they don't respect riders.

·
Registered
539 Posts
2_wheeled_slave said:
Poor horse in that case, at least it was doing what it was supposed to (if it actually happened of course). I bend, ok break, the rules, but there are times and, particulary, places to do them.
No it didn't just what I expected to see.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Adempha said:
You are the reason cops target us out of a crowd. You give us all the bad name we hate to have.
and i suppose that you never-ever-ever break the law or doing anything that would perpetuate our negative stereotype.....
:popcorn

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
hmmm threw construction a highway...... Must be fun on those little inch drop offs or bumps and the patchy road they just throw together to make it drivable. With probally dirt and other debrie on the road.... Hate to see what happends when one of them nails a tire that just shreded of an 18 wheeler......

·
Registered
488 Posts
eh, thos guys are EVERYWHERE here.. In fact on my way to work today I must have seen about 45 of them all in a row zippin in and out of traffic.. heavy, new york, belt parkway traffic..i just watch in amusement..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
we have our share of asshats here in Texas too

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Just for the record.. it wasn't me.. But I see a group of 6-7 Literbikes doing that crap almost every weekend. Scared the hell out of my wife on her first ride on her F4i. I ran into them once at a gas Station north of town (Louisville), and they are mostly young rich punks.. I dont think any of them were old enough to drink, which is good for the rest of us on the road..

We are ALWAYS watching news reports of some rich kid that died because they were speeding, and lost control.. both Motorcycles, and Cars.. Last week some rich little 16 year old killed himself and a friend in HIS (not his daddy's) Lexus.. doing about 100 MPH in a 35, ran a stop sign, and met Mr. Ford F-350....

·
Registered
157 Posts
blurbro said:
Ha! Must have had one of them in Ohio today. I was out riding the twisties today when I look back with just enough time to recognize another bike. Before I have time to swerve a little to the right to make room, he buzzes by. I was doing about 60-65 so he might have been doing twice that. This is a pretty twisty and hilly road with a lot of blind corners. To top it off this is out in Amish country. Horse and buggies on the road. Not a matter of if but when you will meet them. I expected to come around a corner to to find him crashed though a buggy and implanted in a horses a$$. To his credit he did have a jacket and helmet on. Still not smart.
By mid-ohio?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
Just for the record.. it wasn't me.. But I see a group of 6-7 Literbikes doing that crap almost every weekend. Scared the hell out of my wife on her first ride on her F4i. I ran into them once at a gas Station north of town (Louisville), and they are mostly young rich punks.. I dont think any of them were old enough to drink, which is good for the rest of us on the road..

We are ALWAYS watching news reports of some rich kid that died because they were speeding, and lost control.. both Motorcycles, and Cars.. Last week some rich little 16 year old killed himself and a friend in HIS (not his daddy's) Lexus.. doing about 100 MPH in a 35, ran a stop sign, and met Mr. Ford F-350....
Hey.. where in Thornton are you? Im at 113th and Holly...

Anyway I swear Thornton has the worst riders in all of metro Denver area.. that and I think ricers breed in Thornton...

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Well, colorado drivers generally suck. Never thought I'd see drivers as bad as in Mass until I got here.
That being said, I certainly am guilty of hauling ass around town, although I try not to make close or sketchy passes on cars. Not because I don't think I'd pull it off just fine, but because I don;t trust the moron in the cage on the cell phone, tuning a radio, slapping their kids, eating their lunch, reading a magazine (saw it last night), drinking a beer, or what have you. I trust MY ability to ride hard, but not THEIR reaction to me doing so.
Not everyone is or wants to be a spokesman for motorcycling. Do your own thing. For the most part, the real traffic demons I know here in CO are the older, more experienced crowd that feels comfortable on the throttle, so I would argue about lumping people into "young, rich" crowds.
As much as hard riding on roads is dangerous, I feel FAR more comfortable riding right next to someone at high speeds or doing a stunt than I do with ANY cager. At least the person hoisting the front is paying attention to their activity. WHich is more than I can say for cagers and tourists gawking at the scenery or yapping on the phone.

·
Registered
539 Posts
sictight311 said:
By mid-ohio?
Are you asking if I'm by Mid-Ohio or are you amased that there's amish around Mid-Ohio?
I'm about 10 minutes from Mid-Ohio.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
BrownRob said:
Hey.. where in Thornton are you? Im at 113th and Holly...

Anyway I swear Thornton has the worst riders in all of metro Denver area.. that and I think ricers breed in Thornton...
120th and York..

and I immigrated to Thornton, I was bred in Aurora.. :) Thornton is one of those places with rich kids.. I SWEAR no one will get out of their car at a fast food place.. there are 20 cars in the drive-thru, and 2 people in the lobby.. Funny coincidence, I was almost hit TWICE on the way to work just now.. gotta love thornton.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts