Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get past the first thing I see a lot. I do not plan to start with a 600. I have a 22 month old son, and I would like to see him grow old. I seem to see a consensus that a 500 ninja is in fact a good starter bike. So thats pretty much the direction I'm looking at sometime in the next year or so.

I like to plan in advance, I'd love to be riding starting tomorrow but its just not financially possible right now. Which is why I'm here posting, I'd like to hear from other newbies and experienced riders alike where I should look for affordable gear. I'd like to buy the gear a little at a time over the time period till I can afford a bike.

So heres to the question, where are some good sites to find reasonably priced, but effective riding gear. I plan to always wear full gear when I ride, so no skimping on leather pants or anything. Also whats the average price for MSF courses? I live in the DFW area in Texas.

Thanks in advance,

MilleniX

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
their motoboss( frank thomas) stuff is pretty decent for the $. their othee brands are joe rocket, dainese. i'd look into that the motoboss stuff........

also ask the msf school, if they offer the 15% off cyclegear purchase if/when you complete the course. if they don't PM afterwords and i can get it to ya.......

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
+1 to newenough, another good outfit

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was going to mention New Enough as well. They always have good prices on nice gear.

Another thing you might do... Go to a local dealer and pick out what you want from them. Ask them the price, then tell them how much it would cost if you bought it off the internet. More often than not, they'll match the price or come close.

I like to do this and build a relationship with the dealers in my area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts