Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first i get screwed and have to work instead of going to Laguna for the Moto GP - now i don't get my requested days off to do the trackday....and no one is willing to trade with me - guess i'm gonna have to be sick....:mad:

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zts gixx said:
you need a track bike? I got one I'll sell ya for $6k :D
:eek:nfloor okay mr joke funny man....

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
Hey Clayton do you know where I can get info for beginner track days at Arroyo Seco??
I'm just curious how many miles "seat time" you should have before your first track day...

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Philbie is the man - he's the race instructor out there...
as far as i'm concerned it's never to early to get to the track if you know how to ride....so bring it on out chickie :fiddy

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
badgixxer said:
Philbie is the man - he's the race instructor out there...
as far as i'm concerned it's never to early to get to the track if you know how to ride....so bring it on out chickie :fiddy
Thanks dude!
I need leathers and some race boots first... I don't think my street boots will count...

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just so you know, there are a few sets of leathers for rent at the track if you let roger know your size he can tell if any will fit you.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
I've got an extra set of leathers and boots but you don't need leathers to do a trackday. A good riding suit that covers up all skin is fine and the boots must cover the ankles (hiking boots are ok even).

The sooner one gets on the track the better. Less bad habits to break. All you really need to know is some simple track rules (flags and such) and be prepared to have the most fun you've ever had on a bike.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Sounds like Ding Fries (BG) is back in.

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
Wasn't he moving somewhere else?

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
kz2zx said:
Wasn't he moving somewhere else?

Not till Early Sept. Wishful thinking I'm guessing. Remember Dave, tone and delivery. :rolleyes :lao

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
tone => :slaugh

delivery => :chair

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright you 2.....
i was able to change my schedule so i'm in for Aug...
i go back to the army early sept at Ft Sam (San Antonio)
:cheers

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Who said only two of us feel that way?

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
badgixxer said:
alright you 2.....
i was able to change my schedule so i'm in for Aug...
i go back to the army early sept at Ft Sam (San Antonio)
:cheers
BG, since this is what you wanted, congrats. I fucking hated San Antoinio, though. You get railroad tracks out of this?

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
kz2zx said:
You get railroad tracks out of this?
Man, every part of the country calls things different. Here we call them "Chicken Strips" not "Railroad Tracks" Dave. Must be an east coast thing. :bitchslap :lao

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
lmao!

BTW, I'm painting. Just finished black (belly pan, parts of fender). Prepped and hung the fairing and tail, will mask the other part of the fender next.

Then basecoat, and 6-7 coats of candy, then top...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts