Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, maybe someone can help me out here... I want to buy a set of aftermarket headers for an 02 R1.... just the headers (not the full exhaust).

Anyone know of a cheap set for my bike? Someone in another forum section mentioned arrow headers, but I couldnt find just the headers online.

They have to be aftermarket so they don't have the exup...

Any help is good help.. Thanks! :)

Will

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump bump bump...

Anyone? I checked ebay and a few other places.. noooo goooo

:bowdown

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Most places don't split the headers up from the mid-pipe and can. I know that most of the time you can't mix a slip on and full exhaust because the mid-pipes are different. You can always try, but I'd be careful of that when you go to buy.

BTW, when you taping the lights up on that thing and hitting the track with us? :D

Steve

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truck said:
Most places don't split the headers up from the mid-pipe and can. I know that most of the time you can't mix a slip on and full exhaust because the mid-pipes are different. You can always try, but I'd be careful of that when you go to buy.

BTW, when you taping the lights up on that thing and hitting the track with us? :D

Steve
Yooooo! Man soon as you help me figure out this exhaust thing lol.

I really wanna hit the track, i'm not experienced or anything, but I wanna get there so you have to start sometime right? I need to learn how to get my knee down...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
lownuff said:
Yooooo! Man soon as you help me figure out this exhaust thing lol.

I really wanna hit the track, i'm not experienced or anything, but I wanna get there so you have to start sometime right? I need to learn how to get my knee down...

your pegs will hit far sooner than your knee on that bike :beer

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
Try finding the Arrow website and talking to them about picking up the headers sepeartely. You won't be able to pick up the headers though ebay (most likely) or a dealer. You'll have to contact the source directly. Oh! make sure (if they ask) you tell them you crashed and bent just the headers...your can is still good. Otherwise, they may try and jack ya. FYI.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks thats good advice. i'll check them out that way... any other ideas?

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will what fit?

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SloppyJoseph said:
Well lemme see.....the undertail that this entire thread is about. Cmon, i meant the headers. I dont know many aftermarket headers that will fit the stock pipe?
What stock pipe?

I need aftermarket headers, for my aftermarket pipe. I know some guys who have bought full systems, went down, headers were ok, and just bought slip-ons to go on the headers.

I'm in the other situation, where I need the headers.

But... to answer your question... yeah, the headers will fit on my bike, and they will work with my exhaust one way or another. :cheers

You actually had me looking to see why the f*ck I put something about an undertail in my thread lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts