Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arnold Maryland man, 29, dies in collision of motorcycle, 2 other vehicles
Witnesses say victim was traveling at high speed

An Arnold man was killed Saturday afternoon when his Suzuki motorcycle collided with two other vehicles on Ritchie Highway, Anne Arundel County police said.
Shortly after 3 p.m., Curtis Leon Jones Jr., 29, was traveling north with several other motorcyclists on the highway near the intersection with Cypress Creek Road. Several witnesses told police they saw the motorcycles traveling at high speeds and swerving in and out of the two traffic lanes.

Police said Jones swerved across the median to avoid a car attempting to change lanes. After crossing the median, he headed into oncoming traffic and collided with a Honda Accord driven by Wayne Gruehn, also of Arnold. The collision tossed Jones over the Honda and into a Jeep Cherokee behind it. The driver of the Jeep ran over the victim before coming to a stop 300 feet from the area of impact.

Jones, a resident of the 800 block of Mago Vista Road, was pronounced dead at the scene. No one else was injured.

County police said investigators are working to determine the cause of the crash.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
thats to bad i guess it happens though you got to take it with the sport

·
Registered
348 Posts
So who's at fault? The rider, the guy who switched into his lane, or the accord/jeep?

·
Banned
730 Posts
Chaser said:
County police said investigators are working to determine the cause of the crash.
What is being a dumbass Alex?

·
Registered
681 Posts
uh duh....how about the bike riding into ONCOMING fucking TRAFFIC?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Either way, no matter who was at fault, prolly the guy on the bike, he lost his life doing something stupid. Ppl need to slow it down. RIP....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Man, that is sad to hear. I just hate that one wrong judgment can cost someone their life. Whether he was being a dumbass or not, he still didn't deserve to die. I just hope other people learn from this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's amazing how some people try to ride like they are on the only ones on the street. He should of slowed is ass down. I feel for the family.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
I feel for the family and the poor slobs who hit and ran him over. Stupid hurts.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Please. No matter what the case may be. Recognized that we lost a life. Please slow down. SLOW DOWN...live for another day.

·
Registered
376 Posts
japbike said:
Either way, no matter who was at fault, prolly the guy on the bike, he lost his life doing something stupid. Ppl need to slow it down. RIP....
EXACTLY! People need to use some common sense on their bikes before they start putting restrictions or laws in general banning sportbikes. Would suck to not be able to ride my bike anymore, because idiots are racing between cars on 2lane highways at 120mph.
Sux for him and his family that he had to learn the hardway. :( hopfully his budies he was riding with, will be a little smarter on the roads next time.

·
Registered
260 Posts
seems like everytime some1 dies on a motorcycle the witnesses come out of the woodwork that say all of them were driving recklessly. Lil stereotype?

·
Registered
454 Posts
it's funny, in Europe just about every motorcyclist on the road lanesplits and cuts through traffic. Here they are considered idiots, there they are considered average riders.

·
Banned
730 Posts
f4igrad said:
it's funny, in Europe just about every motorcyclist on the road lanesplits and cuts through traffic. Here they are considered idiots, there they are considered average riders.
Sounds like in this case he was doing his best Ghostrider impersonation and we know he's got quite the bad name over there. Apples and oranges, IMO.

·
Registered
346 Posts
lack of common sense i suppose. i cant imagine what the driver of the jeep feels like, knowing he was partly responsible for killing someone because of their apparent stupidity. I feel sorry for the guys family.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts