1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, but not many.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Me, I just joined this site after buying a bike 2003 ZX-6R. I have owned a bike before but it has been a while. It feels good to be back on two wheels.

Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
North West Ark here

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm in Fort Smith. We've got some really good twisties in NW Arkansas. Went to Eureka Springs a few weeks ago for the first time. I need to get up to north central arkansas and ride the AR GAP. I think it's 25 miles, 167 turns or something like that. Like JonLD said, yeah in fort smith and yep, yep.

·
Registered
401 Posts
There is a yahoo group called AR GAP and it'll tell ya everything you need to know about the roads. They have bike events there ALL the time. It's about 3-4 hours from me so I'm going to have to trailer the bike there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey ARRyder, got a quick question for you. Does your bikes temp stay constant or does it change depending on the riding conditions? Today mine went from 195-200 to 145 after I hit a spot where it was raining. Is this normal or do I have a thermostat that might be stuck open?

Joe

·
Registered
401 Posts
Your thermostat is ok. Mine jumps around alot. If I'm stuck in traffic in midday temps the bike temp will go all the way up to 220, that's when you'll hear the fans kick in and bring the temp back down. Riding the open twisites it stays well below 200. The only problem I had was when the bike temp went to 230 last year. I pulled over to let it cool off then rode home. There was a rock in the fan preventing it from cooling the bike. Dealer fixed it for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another Northwesterner here. Siloam Springs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Conway, Arkansas here. 500R looking for some pop-ups and riding partners.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jacksonville, NLR area here.

05 ZX-6R

lots of riders around here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts