Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here we are again.. The most mundane time of year (mid june to mid august) is finally at its end and we are on the cusp of another season of NFL football. Yes all red blooded americans rejoice, for Sundays and Mondays nights are something to look forward to again. So this will be the thread to precursor the official NFL season threads which I will update week by week if enough interest is shown, and afterall this is a site composed predominantly of men... so i can't be the only football fan right. So lets just use this thread to welcome back america's next favorite passtime, talk some shit about your teams, and throw in any predictions you might have for the season ahead.

Personally I don't think anyone is seeing the patriots again this year, and not just because I've been a fan all my life, if they can stay healthy and adjust to the stricter enforcement of the contact to receivers after 5 yards(fuck you mike martz and tony dungy) than I don't see any reason why they can't repeat. They are the best coached team in football, added a running a game, and anyone they lost in the offseason was replaced fittingly. Their only potential weakness is OL, and I can just hope that the guys they got blocking for Dillon and protecting Brady can get it done like they did in the playoffs last year.

Over in the NFC its a little more open to me, I am gonna see the eagles come out on top, but it'll be a little more of a dogfight, 1 injury and it could be another loss in the NFC championship game or *gasp* they might not even make it that far.

Teams to look out for: Denver, Seattle, Jacksonville, Jets, Carolina, Vikes
Teams who will break out in 2-3 years: Washington, Detroit, Arizona(yea I said it), Giants, Bills(if they replace bledsoe)
Teams I will enjoy pointing and laughing at: Miami & Dallas BUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA *shoots milk through nose*

edit: if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Gooooo Broncos!!!!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Screw the NFL, bunch of babies. College football is where it's at!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't forget my Falcons!! The next few years Vick and Co. are only going to get better and better!

·
Registered
912 Posts
FireFighter is a loser don't listen to anything he has to say about anything

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Screw the NFL, bunch of babies. College football is where it's at!
*Yawwwwwwwwwn*

I think I can count the amount of positive posts you've made on one hand, everything you say seems to either be condescending, or strait up negative.. Your opinion means nothing, now scurry along..

and I do love college football GO DAWGS..

oh and I forgot about the falcons.. they have the 2 fastest players in football right now with Vick and Hall, and TJ Duckett is gonna have a breakout year. I think they need this year as kind of a learning year under Mora, but next year they will definitely do big things. If they stay healthy this year anything is possible though.. I just think Mora needs another offseason to strengthen and build depth in his defense, and Jenkins might need a year to get accustom the NFL, but if not watch out. I live in atlanta now so I'm surrounded by falcons fans, and I admit I rooted for them 2 years ago when they beat Green Bay in what some said was an unwinnable game for them.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Neverlose said:
Well here we are again.. The most mundane time of year, football season.
There, I fixed your post. :twofinger

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:flipa BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :flipa

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Cowboys won't be much fun to watch this year, but in the next year or two under Parcells I see them being a threat, especially if Henson is all he's cracked up to be. And we get rid of Keyshawn's attitude. Ugh.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Neverlose said:
*Yawwwwwwwwwn*

I think I can count the amount of positive posts you've made on one hand, everything you say seems to either be condescending, or strait up negative.. Your opinion means nothing, now scurry along..

oh and I forgot about the falcons.. they have the 2 fastest players in football right now with Vick and Hall, and TJ Duckett is gonna have a breakout year. I think they need this year as kind of a learning year under Mora, but next year they will definitely do big things. If they stay healthy this year anything is possible though.. I just think Mora needs another offseason to strengthen and build depth in his defense, and Jenkins might need a year to get accustom the NFL, but if not watch out. I live in atlanta now so I'm surrounded by falcons fans, and I admit I rooted for them 2 years ago when they beat Green Bay in what some said was an unwinnable game for them.
Oh wow, I just saw you're in Atlanta...me too. Glad to see another southerner on the board. I remember watching that Green Bay game...a great performance by Vick. GO FALCONS!!!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Neverlose said:
*Yawwwwwwwwwn*

Just because you don't agree with the posts I've made doesn't make them negative, it just means we have different opinions, what wrong with that? :confused:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Cowboys won't be much fun to watch this year, but in the next year or two under Parcells I see them being a threat, especially if Henson is all he's cracked up to be. And we get rid of Keyshawn's attitude. Ugh.
Yea the biggest thing they need is a quality QB and Jones to work out. I wouldnt put my faith in a QB who hasn't played football in like 2 yrs. But if Vinny can tutor Henson, and Jones becomes the stud some say he can be than the NFC is gonna be a dogfight for years to come.

And firefighter.. its all good.. its not as much the negativity as it is the overall condescending tone to alot of your posts. You've never said anything directly to me so it's all good.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
College football is great and I like Professional Equally as much. UGA is my college team though........

Falcons aka. Micheal Vick......I don't mind watching him play

I would rather get out and play than watch it on TV

·
Registered
35 Posts
What about the Ravens???

I think they are gonna be one of the teams to beat this year...they have (arguably) the TOP running game in the NFL, and again (arguably) the best D in the NFL. And I would look for a BIG improvement in their passing game. They are pretty damn near complete as a team gets. Great coaching and managment and great on the field leaders.

They will be good.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^very true... that is IF everyone on the team can stay out of jail.. and the way its looking right now.. that is a rather big IF.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
Thank god football is back. I had to watch the game last night even though I hate both teams.....go pack go

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea its wierd about college vs pro football. I never watched or knew alot of people who watched college football until I moved down south. Up in the northeast it just seemed that people didn't care, or weren't as enthused, and definitely weren't as die hard college football fans as they are down here in the south. Down here people are psycho over college football, and while people did pay attention up north to college ball it just isn't to the extent as it is down here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank GOD FOOTBALL IS FINALLY here!!!!! :headbang
I could care less for either team last night but it was just great to know it is that time of the year again!!!!!!!

Go EAGLES!!!! ... All the way this year!!! :twofinger

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ I agree, although I was looking to see how Sean Taylor was gonna do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts