1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SBN Noob Sauce
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
I know that chinese fairings have similar stamped numbers, but dont remember if they actually said made in japan.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
eBay me thinks. If you have to question the quality of the fairings they probably aren't OEM.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Those markings look very similar to the markings on tank and the bits of plastic for my duc, but they are missing the manufacturer logo (acerbis)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Plus they're missing the heat shield foam material on the back.

·
SBN Noob Sauce
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This bike has 53k miles, the fairings were held on with zip ties. They look good to me I was just hoping someone with a 636 would know fact. Cuz i'm going to sell them. And need to price accordingly

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
This bike has 53k miles, the fairings were held on with zip ties. They look good to me I was just hoping someone with a 636 would know fact. Cuz i'm going to sell them. And need to price accordingly
Doubt somebody paid premium price for OEM fairings and then held them with zip ties. My vote is that they are chinese. Singram has a valid point, they are missing the foam heat shield...

·
SBN Noob Sauce
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Doubt somebody paid premium price for OEM fairings and then held them with zip ties. My vote is that they are chinese. Singram has a valid point, they are missing the foam heat shield...
But what if they are original, and during the 18 possible oil changes screws were lost. Some where there but mostly ties.

I merely made that point regarding the heat foam. My 07 was missing several screws too. All lost by me.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
if they were chinese stuff they wouldn't say made in japan. I bet those are stock plastics. the heat shield and foam stuff is purchased separately. at least that's how yamaha does it. you even have to buy the stickers

·
SBN Noob Sauce
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I'll just shoot for the middle on price, the bike to me looks pretty clean, as if it had never been laid down, other than a tip over which scraped a tiny bit of the slider and put a small dent in the tank, no grinding sliding action.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts