·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont think it is. thoughts? :popcorn

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Yeah if you want to get laid. For someone to bring home to mom and pop? No. Also a good place to develop skills to get more of the kind of women you want.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
in all honesty.. NO! If you go there to find the love of your life, well then you'll be sorrily disappointed. Now if it's all about the booty, sure, why not. Going to a bar is all about catching a buzz and getting laid.

Man, I miss being young... :( Oh, the good ol' days! Cute young boys, cheap beer and not a care in the world. **sigh**

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I met my wife through a classified ad in a singles magazine...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I don't think it is but my boss met her husband in a bar ( a bar her sister owns), he's an undercover cop. They've been married now for the past 2 years, she just had a baby the other day. They "seem" to be happy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't rule out any options since I guess I don't have any luck, can't be picky! You never know where you will meet your match, just cause the person goes to a bar or club on occassions, doesn't mean they are not relationship-worthy. I see what others are saying about meeting someone in this type of setting (been there, done that, dated jerks that I met at a club) but you shouldn't sterotype. I also like to find things out for myself too, you never know what type of person he/she is til you give them a chance.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
just buy them off of www.russianbrides.com like everyone else does.....................

I don't really know. After two failed marriages, and neither of those sluts having been in a bar when I met them, I am of the opinion that where you meet them doesn't matter. It's a crap shoot, and coming up snake eyes is the story of my life.

If she's dancing topless on a table with a bunch of ones sticking out of her waistband- she may not be the white picket fence type. Your mileage may vary though.....

·
Registered
647 Posts
xPrincessx said:
I don't rule out any options since I guess I don't have any luck, can't be picky! You never know where you will meet your match, just cause the person goes to a bar or club on occassions, doesn't mean they are not relationship-worthy. I see what others are saying about meeting someone in this type of setting (been there, done that, dated jerks that I met at a club) but you shouldn't sterotype. I also like to find things out for myself too, you never know what type of person he/she is til you give them a chance.
+1000. those that say a bar is not a good place to meet someone are ruling themselves out of the equation too if they go to bars. i've met a few women at bars that turned into long-term relationships (my definition of long term is more than 1 yr. though :cheers )

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Are bars really a good place to meet someone?
--Better than a prison shower I suppose......

·
Registered
325 Posts
hyabusa said:
ITs a possibility. IF she doesnt go home with you on night one or give it up really soon, she could be special.
+1000000000000000000000000000 to that

Such a blessing and a curse.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
You are ALL SO WRONG!! A bar is as good a place as anywhere else.. good people go to bars too.. not everyone at a bar is slutty trash.. Just dont go relationship hunting with beer goggles on.. THAT is when you meet the nasty ones.
For the record, I met my wife at a bar.. She was actually underage (20 with her sisters ID)... and there with her mom.. Funny since I was there with my dad.. We took our parents out dancing because they were both recently divorced. I met Cheryl, and My Dad and Her Mom hit it off. but thank god that didnt work out for them, since it would be REALLY hard to explain Cheryl as my sister-in-law-wife... LOL

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Do people really still believe that "holding out" is evidence of virtue?
personally, I think being a virgin when getting married is a TERRIBLE idea... Couples should have sex and live together before they get married, otherwise, there is NO way to tell if they are good for you or not.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Can't turn a ho into a housewife.

A guy at work told me a church is the best place to meet a chick. He's not even religious :eek:nfloor. He says he's hooked up with many a chick from church.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm....

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Thats where I met my wife of 13 years at...been together 16...Both of us were wild part animals. Rock on!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
personally, I think being a virgin when getting married is a TERRIBLE idea... Couples should have sex and live together before they get married, otherwise, there is NO way to tell if they are good for you or not.
Statistically speaking, the only thing that gives you a better chance of, is divorce.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Statistically speaking, the only thing that gives you a better chance of, is divorce.
Not trying to start anything here, but the only people I have ever met that wait until marriage are religious. And there are couples in Religion that hate their marriage, beat their kids, and cheat, just like the rest of us. They just live in denial and hide it instead of dealing with it. There is no correlation between pre-marital sex and divorces... not that I have seen anyway.. It all comes down to who you decide to marry. My wife is better since she had sex before me, because she knows what she wants, and wont spend the next 20 years wondering "what if" You know?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts