Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand-new tinted visor today at Yamaha. When I got home, I took off the protective film to install it on my helmet. I held it up to look through it .... and it was all scratched to shit !!

Has anyone else had trouble with Arai visors ... or am I just unlucky?!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've bought 2 dark tinted visors for my Arai and neither had any scratches. Maybe you can take it back to the dealership or call up Arai? I'm really not sure what you can do but that's a bummer because Arai visors are not cheap at all

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've never had problems w/arai's visors and I've bought quite a few over the years. I would call the dealership and talk to them and see if you can exchange it.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
dunno about scratches but taking that visor off is easy, putting it back on is hard
I think on is easier than off b/c I'm not worried about bending/breaking all that plastic. For on, just hold the tab from going inside and pop it straight in.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
I think on is easier than off b/c I'm not worried about bending/breaking all that plastic. For on, just hold the tab from going inside and pop it straight in.
thanks! I need to practice since I want a tinted shield

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
thanks! I need to practice since I want a tinted shield
once you get it, it's not too bad. When I first had the helmet, I was so frustrated with the visors I contemplated buying another helmet just to have one of each.

·
Registered
55 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
once you get it, it's not too bad. When I first had the helmet, I was so frustrated with the visors I contemplated buying another helmet just to have one of each.
Yeah, I struggled at the beginning but I can change shields quickly now (well under 30 seconds). The part that slows me down is cleaning off the damn bugs..

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Yeah, I struggled at the beginning but I can change shields quickly now (well under 30 seconds). The part that slows me down is cleaning off the damn bugs..
Found anything good for the bugs? I usually just use a damp, soft towel. I'm afraid to use anything nasty, so I have to pick and rub like hell to get the big boys off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The trick to changing shields quickly is to realize you aint gonna break it ;)

If you ever watched the TT races, somebody changes the riders shield when they pit.

takes em all of 10 seconds.... removal AND install.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As far as bug removal goes, find some automotive FOAMING glass cleaner.

Big can lasts me a couple of years, spray it on wait 30 seconds, everything wipes off like it was never there!!!! Nice to have at the track when you dont have alot of time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok ... looks like my dealer is going to be a prick and not let me exchange it. How do I get the scratches out?

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Ok ... looks like my dealer is going to be a prick and not let me exchange it. How do I get the scratches out?
How soon did you bring it back. If you waited a week, I would understand his prick-ness. But if you brought it right back, he's being unreasonable. Let him know you aren't going to stand for that. I don't know if you really can get the scratches out to like-new condition, especially if it's a mirrored visor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts