Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at picking up a new lid. I am wondering what you people think of either of these two models. I have had Shoei and AGV helmets in the past but never tried Arai. They both feel comfortable in the stores, I am just looking for feedback on the way they feel on the road.If you were to pick one, what would you go with?

·
Registered
135 Posts
SilverBlade954 said:
I am looking at picking up a new lid. I am wondering what you people think of either of these two models. I have had Shoei and AGV helmets in the past but never tried Arai. They both feel comfortable in the stores, I am just looking for feedback on the way they feel on the road.If you were to pick one, what would you go with?
X-11......

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
currently have RX7, and the corsair is the replacement from arai.

i tried both an X-11 corsair on at Barber Racetrack recently. as for that the Arai had a "softer" feeling interior.

as for airflow, i've heard the X-11 is pretty good. but i've had nothing bad to say about MY arai, so i wouldn't think the Corsair wouldn't be worse, only better.

i'll prolly get a ARAI again, but there's a kick ass X-11(paint wise) that i want, but it's only in Japan....

http://www.shoeihelmet.co.jp/hellineup/full/h_x11kaga/h_x11kaga.html

·
Registered
61 Posts
I own both of these helmets, and the X11 is without a doubt the more comfortable of the two. As for the noise, I wear ear plugs so that does not matter to me. .

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I fit Shoei helmets better and bought an X-11 a few months ago. Love it!! Very comfortable, tons of ventillation, and light. I also wear ear plugs so can't comment on the noise, but I can hear the difference when I open and close vents if I really listen. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Those Kagayama reps are awesome. You can buy them at www.helmetpro.com They even have the new Akira Yanagawa rep which is pretty badass if you ride a Kawi green bike.

·
Registered
85 Posts
X-11 (specially the norick model). Saw one up close and personal. It rocks! Nice build and the graphics are impeccable.

·
Registered
135 Posts
nig said:
If that's who I think it is, with the 30 helmet collection, I'd take his word for it.
That's 36 helmets. And yes the X-11 vents far better than ANY helmet out there. Wear earplugs for the noise factor (you should be doing this anyway).

Now helmets #37 and #38, Shoei X-11 Kagayama and AGV Rossi 46 Titech.... :dblthumb

·
Registered
56 Posts
I absolutely Love my RX-7 Corsair.

I experience wind noise when the visor is up, but when it is down it isn’t to bad. But when I wear earplugs none of that matters. The Helmet is so freaking comfortable especially compared to my cheaper Vega Datana XPV. It is lightweight and the lining on the inside does not irritate my face, (like my Vega does) and It has good ventilation. I have ridden in 90+ degree weather and have had no problems with the helmet being to hot.

I have not had any experience with Shoei helmets, but I am sure that you can’t go wrong with either brand. I would suggest that you try on the different models that each manufacturer produces and make sure that you get a proper fitting helmet. I am not sure about Shoei but I know Arai has many different shell shapes that fit differently. I was able to try on a few of the Arai shell shapes and the RX-7 fit me the best. Lucky for me, b\c they had a design that I really wanted.

But like I said, you can’t go wrong with either company. Both make great Helmets! Just make sure you get one that fits properly.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Exhiliration said:
Whats up with graphics are people just going for the whole "cool" look? My Shoei - X11 is solid red and its great.
well, good for you.........does that mean, cuz i want a "fancy" paint job, your plain one is better in some way? it's an choice, you like plain, cool, you like fancy, cool. kinda like askin why buy the GSXR6R1CBR..., when the ninja 500 has more potential then 90% of street rider's out there........

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exhiliration said:
Whats up with graphics are people just going for the whole "cool" look? My Shoei - X11 is solid red and its great.
I just like the graphics cause they make ya go faster!! :2fingers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shizoku69 said:
That's 36 helmets. And yes the X-11 vents far better than ANY helmet out there. Wear earplugs for the noise factor (you should be doing this anyway).

Now helmets #37 and #38, Shoei X-11 Kagayama and AGV Rossi 46 Titech.... :dblthumb
Shizoku69: Where did you pick up the AGV Titech? How much, if you don't mind me asking? I've only come across them on one site online.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The TiTech is coming to America sometime this fall. In fact, I've seen some online vendors already posting them on their online shops. So they may even be already here.

·
Registered
135 Posts
coastalb55 said:
Shizoku69: Where did you pick up the AGV Titech? How much, if you don't mind me asking? I've only come across them on one site online.
I don't have one yet... They will be available by month's end. I only have the Rossi Mugello and original Rossi replicas in my collection right now. Here's a different pic of 33 of the 36 helmets laid out while doing a little dusting:

Attachments

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
yikes!.........

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice collection

·
Paint Sniffer
180 Posts
I've always preferred the Arai RX7 series over anything else. I just love the way they look and feel, and as far as top-of-the-line helmets go, they are by far the easiest to paint. I can have an RX7 stripped of all removable parts in five minutes, and I also love the extra space the shield plate allows for in a paintjob. But that's from a custom painter's point of view...if anybody is at Barber this weekend for FUSA or any of the last few AMA races, you should stop and check out Scott Greenwood's new Corsair, it looks pretty kick-ass.

As far as Shoei goes, I have nothing bad to say about them performance-wise. They are great lids. They're just a pain in the ass to paint, but then HJCs are actually the worst. Both have difficult to remove vents and moulding that does not tape well. Oh well...

Nobody mentioned Suomy...the Spec 1R is a tasty helmet too...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts