Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
*Well* above $500, I might add. MSRP for solids is close to $650. Arai isn't getting a cent of my money until they get rid of their @#%@% internet sales policy (aka anti-competitive pricing/free market policy). Until then, you can find top of the line Shoei's or Suomy's for $400 online. If it were the same price or close to it though, I'd strongly consider one. Arai's reputation is pretty much unmatched.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pinoyboy said:
Is the money worth having this helmet? it retails above 500 bucks.
I have an RX7RR4 myself. Cost me $600+. It sure is expensive, but the RX7 is lightweight and fits well. You will appreciate it at high speeds.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do you guys have house payments or mouths to feed. I realize your noggin is important but come on lets get real and dont let Arai Fook us over for a lid. 500 bucks for a lid?

My RF900 will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I bought my RX7 for $175 slightly used. Removed the lining, cleaned it inside and out and voila-like new.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I personally like how arai's feel more than other brands, so to me it's worth it.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
If MotoGP racers trust them at 180, I'll trust them at highway speeds. I own a Quantum/f--paid a pretty penny for it. And I know that when/if I go down, my head will be the best protected part of my body.

Mouthes don't get fed if you're not there to feed them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When you think about how much money people will spend on things they don't really need for their bikes, (undertails, full exhaust, chrome, etc.) the cost of a new Arai (or any quality helmet) is not so bad.

First thing you should do is find which make/model fits your head best. Some people have Shoei heads, some Arai RX7, etc.

Then look for the features you want in a good helmet.
Then worry about the price.

·
Registered
524 Posts
sinister988 said:
When you think about how much money people will spend on things they don't really need for their bikes, (undertails, full exhaust, chrome, etc.) the cost of a new Arai (or any quality helmet) is not so bad.

First thing you should do is find which make/model fits your head best. Some people have Shoei heads, some Arai RX7, etc.

Then look for the features you want in a good helmet.
Then worry about the price.

Good point. Fender elimnators, flushmounts, that stuff is all vanity.
I guess I am lucky to have a Shoei Head, cheaper than Arai.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
ebay, RX7RR4 has been replaced by the Corsair, replica's are around $450 on there.

will be replacing my RR4 w/ the corsair or X-11 in the next few mos.

Kawa-ZX9 said:
My RF900 will do the job just fine.
why the shoei, HJC will suffice :confused:

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Actually, I just checked and there's a bunch of them on there with $400 "buy it now." That's really good, I'd just rather not deal with eBay personally. Seller seems reputable though. There was a Hayden rep in XL *nudge* ;)

How can dealers sell them there? I thought they were only selling older ones (pre-internet ban), and that Arai was not allowing it otherwise...

·
Registered
143 Posts
IMHO no, you should be replacing a helmet every 5 years. Lots of great helmets out there, the manufacturing techniques on them are virtually identical, materials, construction methods, etc. The weight on most the higher end ones (ie doesn't mean pricey) are within a ounce or two. After being a Shoei and Arai fan for years, I tried HJC AC-10 3 seasons ago, I was impressed by fit and finish, I'll admit it was a little noisey with all the vents open at 130, but not that noisey! And the dealer I bought it from gave it to me for $150 OTD, not bad, I thought. I looked at the AC-11 which replaced the AC-10 and found it on the internet for $138, and for street duty it will do just fine, I'll spend the 350 I saved on performance mods, thank you very much:) If you want to be a magazine racer, go right ahead, I want big bang for my buck and Arai doesn't offer that!

·
Registered
19 Posts
RACER X said:
why the shoei, HJC will suffice :confused:
Surely you jest. :nuts HJC is junk! I had two about 3 years ago. It was like wearing this
and trying to ride. At least it felt that bad after my new Shoei's about 6 months later. Also the HJC visor kept flipping open and shut on the highway, and the molding around the base of the helmet peeled off for no reason. Junk junk junk. But if it's all one can afford, it'll do....though I'd suggest to steer clear of them.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I bought an RX7-RR4 for $300 new off eBay but I got an amazing deal. Bad helmet for the street? Not so, just wear your earplugs. Worth the extra $$$? That's up to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have arai rx7rr4 quantam f and corsair. out of all three the rx7rr4 is the best, but it has ben topped by the my new suomy extreme

·
Registered
146 Posts
dutch said:
i have arai rx7rr4 quantam f and corsair. out of all three the rx7rr4 is the best, but it has ben topped by the my new suomy extreme
How's the ventilation on that Suomy extreme compared to the arais you own?

·
Registered
5 Posts
the venting is better than the arai quantum and corsair, but as far as the rx7 goes there both up there. the suomy is just a little louder when it comes to noise. both are exceptional helmets.but as far as fit and finish goes suomy wins and i've been an arai guy for years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts