Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for pictures or bright ideas for storage everyday of your bikes. I have heard of a few suggestions but seen none pictured.

I plan on getting a bike next week and i live on the first floor of an apt. building. I have a sliding glass door in the back with the little concrete the normal apt back yard. I have access to the back but it requires going up a little hill(about 3ft high) and back down, not to bad my friend does it when he comes over and we will be in the house for awhile. my current idea is to try to arrange furniture so that i can get the bike inside for the nights and rent a storage for the winter. Called a storage place and they said for their small it will be $75 bucks a month, wow i had no idea.

Well anyway not a high crime area but we do have a lot of college age kids moving in and a few teen-agers.

I will welcom all ideas and pictures, trying to show wife that it would be that bad to bring it in at night or when we are out of town for the weekend.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Might want to check your lease.. I know mine says that anything that has or had gasoline in it can not be stored inside my apartment or patio... so i just kryptonite cable my bike to the leaf springs of my truck... if somebody wants it that bad, they can have it.. that's what my $37 per month full coverage is for

off topic the 98 S-10 is for sale.. in the classifieds 5K takes it... :lol

Attachments

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
snigg...you guys have got to clean that place up! What a mess! BTW...what's in that brown water in that fish bowl on the dresser near your bedroom door?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You guys really have a bachelor’s room/college. Did you back the bike all l the way in the room? How long to you let the bike cool down before you bring it in the apt? I got a 5 year old…. So unless I use the hot exhaust as a form of punishment I will have to let it cool down

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I don't live in an apartment any longer but when I did I got an apartment with a garage so I wouldn't have to worry about the bike.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good thought of bringing the bike inside your apartment over the winter. Had I given it some thought I would have made sure that the house we bought had a walkout basement. Our next home definately will though.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Pick one!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
My roommates won't let me put my bike inside, so I bolted an anchor to the small patio in the fenced backyard of my apartment, right outside the sliding glass door. Lock it down with a big ol' cable, cover it up with an alarmed cover, keep the fence closed so nobody sees it.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
that's my g/f's gold fish, the shitty digi cam makes the water look really dirty but it wasnt that bad. as for the apartment, we got 5 college guys living there, you expect it to be clean? :lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, I got my bike japped from right outside my door. I even put it between my two cars that blocked it in like a "V"
In the warm monthes, I'd lock it to the car with a big ol cable. When you take the car or in the winter monthes, just move it inside temporarily. or lock it to a big tree in another place (temporarily of course)

·
Registered
981 Posts
i live on the 2nd floor, so i cant put it in here. :eek: wouldnt fit anyways, this studio is about the size of most of your bathrooms. :lol :lol

i wedge it between the metal covering posts and the concrete parking block (backed in), and put my disc lock on the front disk. the way i ahve it, unless u lift the rear tire up and over 2 parking blocks, while lifting the front tire as well to get it rolling, its not going anywhere. and i usually park my car right next to it, so u cant really swivel the bike in the space due to the tight constraints i make it. but that doesnt really work well when i take my car to school :(

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
slo_tom said:
My roommates won't let me put my bike inside, so I bolted an anchor to the small patio in the fenced backyard of my apartment, right outside the sliding glass door. Lock it down with a big ol' cable, cover it up with an alarmed cover, keep the fence closed so nobody sees it.
MOONINITES UNITE!!!

THE BULLET IS ENORMOUS!!!!

Now that brings back some college memories.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I keep mine on my covered porch. Its a pain in the ass cuz its 3 steps up so I have to use my loading ramp every time I wanna ride. But at least it doesn't sit out in the rain.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live on the third floor :( I will have to move if I get a bike. Then I have to wait all day at the dmv twice. (once to get my bike license, and again to change my address on my normal license)

Sucks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My apartment complex has garages for rent. I'm renting one. I won't be moving unless it'll be into a house with a garage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts