Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing all my own servicing since I got the ride, with the exception of the first 1000km service, which I had a dealer do. I figured, now as I'm approaching 20k km, and the bike is about a year and a half old, I'd have the pros look the bike over, and make sure that I haven't been missing anythign in my own servicing. I made a couple of observations once I got the bike back (mostly good!).

Some highlights of what I had done:
- new Michelin Pilot Powers: I amazingly kept the stock B020s for this long. But now wanted something a bit more sticky.
- switched from conventional oil to semi-synth
- new sparkplubs
- general check of lubrication points, etc.

I took the bike over to a local private shop (not a dealer) Z1 cycletech. The bike is apparently in fantastic shape, all is good. I'm still breaking in the new tires so I can't comment what they're like in the twisties yet, but I hear they're quite good ;)

I did make an interesting observation though. Shifting from 1st to 2nd has suddenly become much smoother and that clunk we're all accustomed to hearing has lessened significantly. I'm going to guess this is a result of switchign to semi-synth oil. The other observation is, when idling, the exhaust note definitely sounds a little throatier than it did before.

All in all I'm quite happy, the bike is in great condition, and this was good reassurance for me that my own servicing up to this point has been good as well, I haven't mucked anythign up!

-Q

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Total price for all parts and labour: $793 CDN. $412+tax of that was tires alone. Then of course, changing the tires and balancing, etc. So probably close to $600 of that was all tire related.

-Q

·
Registered
251 Posts
I went to full synthetic oil over the weekend and it does seem to make a difference in the shifting smoothness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts