Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an IM conversation with a girl I know, after I noticed in her photo album a picture of nevada...

Binary Jay says:
You've got a picture from nevada in the canyons with a sign that says "Scenic Drive ->"
rayna says:
ah
rayna says:
thought so
Binary Jay says:
It looked pretty
rayna says:
it was
rayna says:
nice bike ride too
rayna says:
we rode through on harleys
Binary Jay says:
I didn't know you had a license. Harleys suck, but I bet it was nice anyway.
rayna says:
harleys are awesome
Binary Jay says:
For what? Being heavy, slow, expensive and unreliable?
rayna says:
have you ridden one?
Binary Jay says:
Yeah a new one at the ride for sight, demo rides, it was very boring.
rayna says:
better stick with that you've got then
Binary Jay says:
No doubt in my mind!
rayna says:
coolio, leave the real bikes for the real riders

Oh my god, I'm so not keeping her as a friend, such delusions!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Rationalization is the Mother of invention: Let'em believe what ever they like. You'll be the one laughing as their headlights recede in your rear view mirror.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh my! How do I respond to this one? As the rider of both a HD RoadGlide and an FZ6 I thought this was a respectable forum, and we just loved to ride. I was completely unaware we had a Harley Phobia crowd among us. :eek:nfloor In response to Binary Jay's remarks of Heavy; Sure it is, Expensive; YEP, Unreliable; I disagree, I have 50k on mine with no problems, Slow; Be very careful with that one, my 760lb bike runs low 12's in the quarter, granted, it's been breathed on a little, Ok a lot. But, let's not bash the brand. Let's use that energy to get more people out there riding. Just remember; Sport Bike guys ride by Fast and think they are cool; Harley guys cruise by, pick up your girls, and are cool. :beer You all have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I think its really all just friendly bashing going on here. Its more of just joking around. Like FAZR6 said to each his own. If someone has a harley so what, at least they are a rider. Thats all that matters right?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
FZSilver said:
I think its really all just friendly bashing going on here. Its more of just joking around. Like FAZR6 said to each his own. If someone has a harley so what, at least they are a rider. Thats all that matters right?
until they don't wave back

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
gtfazer6 said:
until they don't wave back
+1

I pass a guy every morning I ride to work. I waved for awhile and he never waved back. I figured...Fine...He is too cool to wave at me. So F' him. I am not going to waste my time.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate harleys, and I hate YOU! :p

UFOFZ6 said:
Oh my! How do I respond to this one? As the rider of both a HD RoadGlide and an FZ6 I thought this was a respectable forum, and we just loved to ride. I was completely unaware we had a Harley Phobia crowd among us. :eek:nfloor In response to Binary Jay's remarks of Heavy; Sure it is, Expensive; YEP, Unreliable; I disagree, I have 50k on mine with no problems, Slow; Be very careful with that one, my 760lb bike runs low 12's in the quarter, granted, it's been breathed on a little, Ok a lot. But, let's not bash the brand. Let's use that energy to get more people out there riding. Just remember; Sport Bike guys ride by Fast and think they are cool; Harley guys cruise by, pick up your girls, and are cool. :beer You all have a nice day.

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
My father in-law has a Softtail, and he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. It's a beautiful bike, but I can't see myself ever owning one. The thing I hate the most about them is that it's not "cool" to wear a helmet. I've actually heard guys give other guys shit because they wear a helmet on their Harley. What a bunch of crap. If I did own one I'd look like an idiot, cuz I'd be the only Harley rider you've ever seen with a full face helmet on...

Jay, your friend sounds hot... :banana

:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I'm getting kind of sick of hearing all the Harley bashing. Yeah, some have attitudes, but they tend to be the minority. They're on 2 wheels just like we are. No reason not to show them respect (until they give you a reason not to).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Careful Jay... last friend of mine who was talking with women on the internet wound up meeting one that was 300lbs. You'll need a Harley to tote her around. Then again, it's an easier way to pop that front wheel up. ;-)

Harley's are nice bikes, would love to have one. I just don't make enough money to add another piece of chrome every year.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Harley guys are ok, as long as they have a zip tie on their bike.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
EEfz6 said:
Harley guys are ok, as long as they have a zip tie on their bike.
they will probably try to chrome it, if they do

·
Registered
360 Posts
Great thread

and everyone being so nice and PC?

I've been a sportbike/dirt bike/trials bike guy since age 8. Then comes the girl that just harps on you about a Harley. Check my picture album, I won't defend it as much UFOFZ6. But I affectionately refer to my HD Softail as, my two wheel sofa. I was amazed how little effort it takes to lean one, and then horrified by how soon the foot boards scrape!!! The HD gets one fifth the miles the FZ or DRZ get. It's like takin' the minivan out for icecream, comfy, roomy, can even do a cup holder (really I've seen 'em) very functional. It doesn't rocket off, no wheelies, no stoppies, no knee draggin', but everytime I do happen to glance down at the speedometer (which is acurate from the factory) I'm going under the speed limit????? Nice when the only time I look is when I see the law! I even alternate riding the FZ and the HD with a riding club I belong to. They get a hoot outta it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just bought an FZ6, and sold my.....ElectraGlide.
Part of the reason was to distance myself from the "Harlier Than Thou" crowd that seems to be growing larger every day. So did my brother (Sportster to Moto Guzzi Stone) and my buddy (Softail to Ducati Monster 1000).
Two wheels are two wheels as far as I'm concerned. I don't care what you ride. But, most HD riders won't give you the time of day unless you're riding the same piece of obsolete machinery as they are.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I rode a guys shadow or whatever he has and it was boring. I wouldnt ever want to go on a long ride or short ride with that peice of shit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Aburke27 said:
I rode a guys shadow or whatever he has and it was boring. I wouldnt ever want to go on a long ride or short ride with that peice of shit.
:pisson

Hey, my first bike was a shadow...and she would be very upset to hear you say such vulgar things about her type. She was a great bike and helped me learn a lot of things about riding. I don't have her anymore, but would suggest it as a beginers bike for anyone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts